Forum home Babies Baby

Childminders

Hello everyone, i just want to ask what your experiences of using childminders were? Also, i am looking into childcare and have found that having a childminder will be better for me as the hours need to be quitre flexible. I'm not sure exactly what questions I should be asking prospective cm's? Anyone got any tips on choosing the right one? Thanks xx

Replies

• have a look at ofsted website, i have a feeling that they might have info on childminders. i also think they might well have a list of questions you need to ask cm's. i know i've seen something like that somewhere! not terribly helpful...i'll check it out.
  • yep, all childminders have to be ofsted registered and are rated by them so that will give you a good idea of what they are like. couldn't find the list of what to ask, must have seen it somewhere else. see ofsted website for your nearest registered childminder!! you might be able to ask cm if you can contact a parent that they have worked for for a reference type thing.
  • also ask what activitys they do during the day suitable for your childs age as some child minders will just happly sit them in a bouncer !or in front of the tv