Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Struggling with the puking!

I just need to offload really...

My LO has suffered from reflux since 3 weeks (she's 21 weeks now) and was on Gaviscon and Domperidone which helped. We weaned her off the medication a month ago and she was fine, puked a bit more than normal but all the symptoms associated with the pain had gone so I decided I could cope with a little puke as long as it wasn't causing her any distress.

The last few days the puking has been much much worse, it's still not causing her any distress - just me! I'm feeling really guilty for getting so annoyed but it's relentless.

Every time I get her dressed she pukes on herself and every time I pick her up she pukes on me. She pukes after every feed and all over her toys when she plays. I feel like I spend all my time clearing up puke and washing muslins, toys and baby clothes! I've got puke all over my clothes but there seems little point putting any clean ones on because she'll just puke on them. I must stink!

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but it's really got to me today - it's so frustrating. Going to start weaning in 3 weeks so hopefully that will help.

Can't think of anything to do except put up with it. She's EBF so Stay Down formula isn't an option, she's had a few doses of Gaviscon today but it hasn't helped and I'm reluctant to start weaning early because I really want to get to 24 weeks of EBF as DH is allergic to everything and I'm already dairy free.

Arrghhhhhhh!

Right, bath and bed time followed by washing a million muslins and scrubbing the sofa, stair carpet and dog...

Thanks for listening!
B xx

Replies

• Hey there,

didn't want to r and r. I completely get where you're coming from. My DS didn't have reflux in the sense that he was never in any pain at all, but man did he puke!! I felt just like you, that as soon as he got changed, more sick, as soon as I got dressed, sick. his best was when he puked over clothes that I had laying next to him, ready to go on, lol!! But I completely agree with you not wanting the wean early, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, as now at 7.5 months, my Little fella is soooooo much better, rarely sick after milk at all, and the only time he does puke a bit is if he plays a bit vigorously just after he's eaten!!

Also, obviously not applicable as your little lady is EBF, but our HV said not to bother with stay down milk for my DS anyway, as she said if you can put up with it as he's clearly not in pain, it can cause horrid nappies and wind etc,

Sorry that I've not got any words of wisdom, but just wanted to let you know that it does get better!!

xxxxxx
  • I understand completly, my lo is almost 8 months and has suffered with reflux since she was 6 weeks, she is constantly vomiting after every feed and I have had her on infant gaviscon until a week ago when they decided that maybe they should try something else so now she is on thick and easy and still vomiting. At least me, hubby and lo are covered in vomit by the end of the day and if anyone visits or we visit anyone and they hold dd they are also covered.
    I wish I could tell you that it gets better but for me I have yet to find a solution for it all.