Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

going abroad...nervous!

Hiya

I am going to spain to see my mum next week for 3 weeks, first time abroad with my LO who will be 11 weeks when we go.

I am a bit worried about the heat out there as it is very hot at the moment, antone got any advice on how to keep them cool, should I just keep him in a vest at night etc? what is a safe temp for him to sleep in?

I also remember how annoted I used to get when babies cried on planes! think I am about to get payback!!! it's amazing how much more understanding you become about things when you have a baby lol!

Replies

• Just arrived back from holiday in turkey this morning (well I normally live there but having temporary change of home for the moment), temp was 45deg but baby coped fine (hes 10 weeks now, 7 weeks when we left for hols). I had him just in a vest all of the time (took loads of clothes but never used them). He was absolutely perfect the whole time and didnt scream the plane down (in fact we never heard a peep) and I like you was so worried that we would be the "dreaded family" that noone wants to sit next to.

I took plenty of formula as it is difficult to find and expensive over there and I also took loads of nappies (but only because I had the room). Oh and I also took a play mat which I found to be invaluable and I got a pop up cot and an inflatable bath from ebay which were also both great.

Im sure you will be fine and if your mum lives there you know you will be able to sort out any problems quickly.

Hope that helps, any more questions just ask!!!