Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Milk Spots (also in October)

Hi mummies
My DD is 6 weeks old and has got milk spots on her cheeks and it's really not nice on her lovely skin :cry:
The HV told me it's normal, it's their sweat glands learning to work or something but just to bathe her face with water which is what I do a few times during the day but they're still quite nasty.
Anyone else's LO have these and if so can you recommend something I can do other than cotton wool & water?
Thanks x

Replies

• Hi Kelly, Jack had these as well and they looked really sore and infected, didn't look nice aswell. My HV also told me to just bathe them with water and they'd heal but I went to the doctor and she had a look at them and gave me a cream called fusidic. It cleared his face up within a week xx
  • My lo had this too at about 6 weeks (most of the babies in NCT group did too) It doesn't look nice but you are doing the right thing bathing in water. They will heal by themselves. If it's not affecting the baby i wouldn't rush to get any creams etc. It lasted about 2-3 weeks for my lo - about the same time he lost his hair. I used to call him my balding, spotty obese boy (he was 10lb's a birth!!!) Now he's a beautiful 4 month old (still no hair tho!)