Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mummies of boys...

2»

Replies

• i was convinced from being 5 weeks pg that i was having a boy, and at 20weeks we found out it was a boy. i wasnt fussed which sex i had, but deep down i was hoping for a boy as im quite a tom boy and never seem to bond well with females.

now hes here, all i want to do is snuggle, kiss and protect him, i have such an overwhelming feeling of love for archie and i hope he is a mummys boy, as i want him to confide and trust in me, and to know he can tell me anything and that im here to help him no matter what
  • i often have 'chats' with Ellis about how he is not going to have a girlfriend and will never leave me! lol i do actually worry about it already and he is 1!!! how silly, but i love him so much it hurts!!!
    xxxx
  • Ooo..

I'm like this Charlie ia SUCH a Mummy's Boy! :lol: I never give him to anyone really, like over night or other than just holding him while i'm there.. well VERY rarely! so he is always with me! He is so funny he will smile at EVERYONE as long as he is sat on my knee! He gives kisses & when I carry him about he clings onto my bra & sticks his hand down my boobie :lol: He'll be so imbarressed by that when he is older lol! I keep joking about that he'll be Gay! & that I don't mind if he is haha! I keep saying to OH that what ever rule goes for him about girlfriends if we have a little girl the EXACT same rules go for her that Charlie has..RE:BF's! :lol: hopefully OH will think twice about letting Charlie 'grow up' to quickly lol!

He will always be my baby! I will do things for him of course.. but I don't think that you do them (imo) any favours doing EVERYTHING for them as I think it affects the ability for independance.. I would never want Charlie to just stay in a relationship in later life if her weren't happy because he felt he wouldn't be able to manage/look after himself ect!

I do joke that Charlie has little Girlfriends.. one at baby massage (they held hands how sweet!), My friends little girl who is exactly 9 months older than him, I was with her when she was in labour with her & fell pregnant the follow week :lol: she she adores Charlie and is always tickling his toes!! & another little girl but she is only 7 weeks.. a bit young for him (imo... :lol: there I go interfering already!.. haha) but he just sits smiling at her!
  • Lily is def a daddy's girl. I never wanted a boy and even shouted it at the midiwfe while in labour! But now I have Lily I would love another baby and I would LOVE it if it was a boy. I hope I am not like MIL - insists on calling hubby her 'baby boy' in front of shops full of people (he's 27). The boys I have taught ( 5 and 6 year olds) have always been very loving towards me- asking for cuddles and to hold my hand so boys are def more for their mummies like you ladies say!

xxxx
  • Louise, I must admit it kinda melts me when OH gives mil a big hug...think its so cute! Hope Gabe still giving me cuddles at 22.
    Then again I like my mil. I know yours is a pest! hehe.....
    It used to drive me mad when my stepmum called my stepbro her 'lickle solider boy' (she still does and he's 17) but now I totally get it, haha. xx