Forum home Babies Baby

Help please with bottom wind!

Hi girls

Hope your all having a nice evening. Im hoping you can help me please. Emily is suffering really badly from bottom wind or lack of it maybe is the right way to put it! she really struggles and strains alot of the time and it makes her cry in short sharp bursts and im pretty sure shes straining to push out a poo! shes not at all constipated as poos lots but shes always in pain - its much worse in the evenings and at night. Shes already on infacol as did have bad wind from her tummy during and after feeding but that seems to be under control now. Can anyone suggest anything please to help - I hate seeing her in pain image!

thanku xx
PS - she is 4 weeks old and it started about a week ago
(also posted in my baby was born in June09)

Replies

• Have you tried gently massaging her tummy or cycling her legs to get things moving?

How long has she been on infacol? It can take up to a week to build up. Or perhaps try gripe water which she is now old enough for. I swore by gripe water with my lo.

Hth xxx
  • you can try her with gripe water and you can massage with your fingers clockwise around the belly button this can get things moving. offer her cooled boiled water in cas eshe is constipated. i used to sit daisy on my knee support her head with one hand and under chin with another and then rotate her body so this helps to move the wind. if it doesnt come out as a burp it will eventually come out the other end. it does get eeasier for them to bring up their own wind as they get older and also their bowels can tale a while to mature so keep an eye on her poos.
  • As soon as my lo is straining to go, I lie her on her back and gently lift her legs up and down which seems to help. In the early weeks she also suffered from quite bad belly ache (was breast fed and think what I ate effected her), we didn't get on with infacol so used gripe water and still do now. It seems to clear her very quickly.
    You could try a little cooled boiled water, not too much as it can fill up and then wouldn't want milk, but this can also help going a little easier
  • Thanks girls - pumbacat I think she has belly ache too as she is often upset for awhile.

shes been on infacol for a week now and its def helped her wind from her tummy after feeding and burps alot better to get it out its just the other end now a problem!

Can they have gripe water aswell as infacol or is it one or the other please?
    xx