Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Shorter cycle

Hi,

Has anyone else found they have a shorter cycle since having their lo? I used to always be a 28 day cycle on and off the pill but since having my lo I have had 3 period and they have all been around 24/25 days. Its not a problem but I wondered whether this would be how it would stay or wheher it may settle back to a 28 day cycle again.
We are thinking of ttc number 2 around August/ September so I am trying to get an idea of dates as we hope to try and plan number 2 to arrive during the school hols as my hubby is a teacher! image

Thanks for any replies xx

Replies

• I am doing the same! LOL Trying to figure out my af for the hols as my sister is a teacher and i will be looking after her lo once its born in September! LOL
    I dont know about the shorter cycles but my periods have gotten a lot heavier and quicker, they only last 2-3 days now, weird huh? x
  • Mine are heavier too but not much shorter, although I'm not in anywhere as much pain as I used to be when I wasn't on the pill before. I used to get awful period pains and feel so ill on the first day of af, I'm not counting my chickens yet that it doesn't go back to that though as I guess it is early days since my lo is only 4 months old!
    Just hoping it at least stays regular even if it is a shorter cycle as I was really lucky and managed to conceive first time with number one. I'm a bit worried that if my cycle has changed it could take longer next time. Time will tell I guess!! x