Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it just me being a prude? also in BIM.

13»

Replies

• I dislike the 'crude' slogan t-shirts, but the worst one I saw was on the most beautiful little boy in his buggy, only about 12 months old which said

'everyday i am forced to add another name to the list of people who piss me off'

Nice.............

The only reason the little boy caught my eye was because he was so cute and then I saw the t-shirt and even my children, then 10,11,12 thought it was disgusting.

The homemade slogan vest etc are really funny because they are appropriate in your own home, but I am a real fuddy duddy over what I let my kids wear outside, but thats just me

• I am not offended by the T shirt but equally I would never ever put my lo in one.

I dont mind 'I am the big brother/sister' etc.. My kids dont own any specific slogan ones so I suppose I must dislike them otherwise I would surely have picked one up. I just have never given it much thought.

I detest though the suggestive ones. Young girls in playbunny/If you think I am a bitch just wait till you meet my mum...etc etc.. euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Not funny at all. Whats wrong with hearts and flowers?

LOL at the pirate thing Mrs S. I am the same with Winnie the Pooh... I hate him with a passion. I don't know why. I think its because he has a t shirt on but no pants. He just looks a big fat rude bear. My friends think I am mad but I cant help it..

d x
  • I cant believe some of the slogans that are on T Shirts,. I actually havent seen any 'crude' baby ones but would be horrified and would def not put lo in them.

Think the 'cute' ones are tacky but i cant resist some of them. Have 'handsome like my daddy' one , but thats about it.

I was horrified when I googles fathers day gifts and some of the stuff the sites brought back was awful - blow job underpants andsex toys... i mean seriousley what child ( or even adult son or daughter) would want to buy that for their dad?
    I dont understand what the world is coming too. Too much sexualisation of children. Cant they just be let to be kids? !! xx
  • I saw one in boots today that most of you probably wont mind but "lock up your daughters" is not a slogan t-shirt i'd put Dylan in. Yes he's gorgeous and old ladies telling me he's going to be a heartbreaker makes me smile and swell with pride but its the undertones to the slogan I don't like.

xx
  • HAHAHAHA dee dee!! image

Do "Hands off the Bump" T-shirts not actually just draw more attention to it? That's a genuine question - the reason I DIDN'T get one because I didn't want people to think I was attention-seeking (I do worry unnecessarily about things like that sometimes though).
  • God there's done vile t shorts out there!!!

I don't mind slogan tops though as long as they are appropriate (I have the daddy is my hero top mentioned earlier) although it's a pyjama top so only gets worn for bed! Elliott has a vest that says my 'mummy is yummy' and a baby grow that says 'my daddy rocks'

he has nappys with little slogans on too like mummys little monster and daddys little rock star! He also has a black babygrow with skull and crossbones on that we got from a freind..and I think it's lovely!

Xx
  • PT- with the size of my bump it drew enough attention on its own and I found when i went out without my hands off t-shirt, more people made comments about my bump and it's size. Where as with the t-shirt on, most people left me alone.
    Just my experience though.
  • history girl - love the cutie pie idea and aka where did you get the chip and block from - i love it! x
  • PT- with the size of my bump it drew enough attention on its own and I found when i went out without my hands off t-shirt, more people made comments about my bump and it's size. Where as with the t-shirt on, most people left me alone.
    Just my experience though.

i was the same. some people were just plain rude. plan A was the tshirt, plan b was to touch their stomach and comment on its size, plan c was to tell them to back the @ off.
  • i wouldnt let my son wear anything with a sexualized nature. not because im prudish but because other children will read it and then ask their parents things like 'mummy what's a blow-job'?.........
  • No I'm with you - I don't like those slogans. We have vests/rompers that say Handsome like Daddy and Cute like Mummy, but that's as far as it goes!

The worst one I've seen is a baby vest with the slogan "Mother Sucker" Again I breast feed, but that's just unnecessary and has such crude undertones.:evil: