Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A temporary Farewell. *might be uncomfortable reading*

2»

Replies

• Oh no hun, just what you need eh. I really sympathise with you, what a horrible situation. You must feel so helpless that your hubby cannot seem to see your point of view. Have often read your posts and thanked goodness my MIL lives abroad. I really don't think i'd want to be with him if my hubby did all of this and called me an unfit mother etc, I think you're very mature and a fantastic mother to be considering councilling to ensure you can remain as a family. This is my worst nightmare situation to be honest, as my ex was the same and still lived at home at 27 pretending he was a virgin and never drank etc whilst he smoked pot. I just cannot believe what i've just read, how can any husband take the side of his mother, surely even if he did on the inside he should show a united front in person and deal with the disagreement in private. The other rubbish thing is that his mother knows now she will always win. So sorry you're going through this.

With regards to the facebook thing, are you sure it was her friend who told her? Is there anyone you don't really trust on your friends list who knows her? Just it's not possible to access peoples pages unless the settings allow, so it's very odd. She couldnt have guessed any passwords or anything?

Big hugs, I hope the councilling lets you say how you feel to your hubby and that having another person enforce what you're saying is valid it may make him see how wrong the way he's treating you is. xxxxx
  • Stephe

good god that man needs to cut those apron strings. so sorry to hear you're going through all this crap and have the MIL from hell, i really hope the counselling helps to sort things out.

(((hugs)))
    aileen xx
  • Hi hon,

God, what a nightmare! It doesn't take long for these 'sensitive' issues to spiral completely out of control does it?

You should ask your OH to write down what he wants in his life, and you do the same, then maybe you'll be able to find the best way forward (because I'm sure you'll want the same things).

I hope your little man gets better soon and all goes well with your little lady.

Take care hon...xxx
  • Oh hun thats awful! Your hubby and your MIL both want a kick cause they are both well and truly out of order! I hope you can manage to sort things out with hubby so he realises that you and Ollie come first and your wishes are more important!

As for fb, are you sure she's not just using it as some kind of excuse? I thought that the security settings were pretty good - when me and my mate had settings on highest we couldn't even find each other to friend each other

Hope ollie is feeling better soon
    xx
  • OMG Stephe, I've been hearing about this MIL since we were on YYW - I can't believe it's come to this!! It's a horrible position to be in though, I've had issues with mine and just before xmas we had a 'chat' on my terms, she wasn't aware of why she was coming round but I had to have my dad there incase things got out of hand, I was also concerned she and hubby would be ganging up on me

Hope things work out xxx