Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Completely off topic - sorry

124»

Replies

• it won't work!!!

I HATE DOING PICCIES ON HERE!
  • Omg jubliee...that's twisted!!!
  • omg that is a wedding dress. from bhs right? my skirt was a bit like that. and i totally agree with you. if anyone does phone a bride to ask, the bride is going to feel pressured to say yes, of course wear white, or they'll fear looking like a bridezilla. if you have to question it, dont do it. that fact that this thread exists means that it is considered unacceptable.
  • Um, why oh why does Jubilee's ex's girlfriend own a wedding dress?

Either she has been married before and was trying to get another wear out of her dress, while attending a wedding with another man - which I would have thought he would find a bit insulting - or she hasn't been married before but nevertheless bought a wedding dress which is just sad!!

And then trying to wear it to another person's wedding??? What a cow, that is beyond rude. Thank goodness you had a friend who was prepared to stand up for you!!

C image
  • I think I must be very laid back as I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if someone had worn the Monsoon dress to my wedding. This post will definitely make me think carefully about outfits I buy for future weddings!
  • She had the dress made to measure from one of those Chinese seamstresses off eBay! Could NOT believe it!

It wouldn't have been so bad if she was only invited for politness but we were friends! I thought so anyway....we had a falling out after she did a few other sly things over the years and we no longer speak.

She 'spilt' something in her dress during my wedding and had to change....very lucky she had a completely coordinated change of clothes ready and ironed isn't it and then came back to the reception in this basque thing with her massive boobs flip flapping all over the place!

Everyone still talks about the wedding dress she tried to wear and her boobs hanging out in her evening outfit!
  • God this brings back memories from my wedding 10 years ago!!

My dress was cream and gold and my MIL (without my knowledge) told all the friends and family that the ladies were to wear cream or gold evening dresses (as I was getting married at 5pm so effectively an evening do)
    Now as I was walking down the aisle I couldn't help noticing the lack of colour in the aisles and all I could see was a sea of gold and cream.............my photos are absolutley wonderful, trouble is NO ONE can distinguish me cause I look the BLOODY same as everyone else!!!!!!!!!

thanks to my dear MIL for that, so beware you might upset the bride!!!
  • God this brings back memories from my wedding 10 years ago!!

My dress was cream and gold and my MIL (without my knowledge) told all the friends and family that the ladies were to wear cream or gold evening dresses (as I was getting married at 5pm so effectively an evening do)
    Now as I was walking down the aisle I couldn't help noticing the lack of colour in the aisles and all I could see was a sea of gold and cream.............my photos are absolutley wonderful, trouble is NO ONE can distinguish me cause I look the BLOODY same as everyone else!!!!!!!!!

thanks to my dear MIL for that, so beware you might upset the bride!!!

Oh god!! I bet the women were mortified when they realised.

• Jubilee, some were mortified (but not surprised when they realised it was MIL's idea!!), some of the other "bitchy" aunties thought it was hillarious!!

I can look back and laugh about it now but on the day it was quite upsetting

that my mother in law for you tho!!
  • claire a belle what did your mother say!!! If it were mine shed have hooked my mil lol

Theres just something so wrong about it all lol
  • what a cow! but if your pictures look amazing that's great!
  • what a cow! but if your pictures look amazing that's great!
  • Princess87 My mum would have been the same!

Claire a belle, I'm glad you can smile about it now, afterall you still ahd YOUR day but the woman acted like a total cow!

• morning ladies, yep my mother in law is a total cow!! aren't they all??

Unfortunatley I didn't have my mum there to back me up, she passed away when I was 16, but yes you are right, if she had have been I don't think my MIL would have seen the light of day ever again!!!