Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

11 WEEKS OLD AND NEEDS ENTERTAINING

DOES YOUR BABY NEED TO BE ENTERTAINED?
HE IS 11 WEEKS OLD AND SEEMS TO WANT ME TO ENTERTAIN HIM OR HE CRYS. I HAVE TRIED FEEDING,CHANGING NAPPY ALL THE THINGS ON THE LIST.
BUT STILL SEEMS UNHAPPY. :roll:

Replies

• Options
    hi, have you tried a play gym,my lo is 15 weeks and he gets bored very easily, he is settling down a bit but he loves something to look at and he likes to hear my voice.
  • Options
    Abi has a play gym and loves it. She'll spend ages on there playing. Since we bought it for her her grabbing skills have really come on. She is getting better and better as each day goes on so I think it is well worth the money. I got the one from the Early Learning and its nice, bright and cosy as the chicken is padded. Have a look on their website hun.
  • Options
    We have the Mothercare 'My First Book' which is a foldable fabric book with two sides, one for newborns which has highly contrasting images in black, red and white with a dangly flower which baby can teeth on and the other side is colourful multisensory images with crinkly pages. It attahces to the side of a moses basket or carrycot so is ideal to entertain whilst they just want to play or lie down. Other than that, my LO has a Lottie Ladybird play gym from M&P which she loves. Hope this helps.

Charlotte
  • Options
    DOES YOUR BABY NEED TO BE ENTERTAINED?
    HE IS 11 WEEKS OLD AND SEEMS TO WANT ME TO ENTERTAIN HIM OR HE CRYS. I HAVE TRIED FEEDING,CHANGING NAPPY ALL THE THINGS ON THE LIST.
    BUT STILL SEEMS UNHAPPY. :roll:

Might just wants cuddles. Or could be tired (but can't sleep). crying could be many reasons. how about taking him for a walk in the pushchair? or out in the car to the shops. He might just be insecure & need reassurance. Its hard work i know, but you'll get there. does he like the hoover on, or the washing machine. does the bouncy chair vibrate? Try lots of different things. music, tv, singing, dancing with him. laying on the bed, just stroking him. have you tried puttin him in a baby sling & carrying him around with you. tried a dummy?