Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

could I ask your opinion (slightly o/t)

Okay so last night ds, 6 weeks, and dd3 aged 2 were both sick so I was up until 3am juggling between them and dd1 who had a bad dream. They both have some sort of tummy bug and are vomitting, fever, that sort of thing. Dh stayed up until 12 playing computer games, grumbling about the baby crying when I had to attend to dd3, and then went to bed. I woke up to him coming back into the house at 5am, saying he'd been woken up by a prank call, and since she sounded hot they chatted for a while. He went for a walk so he wouldn't wake us.

I am feeling really cross, because I feel like I was up all night with sick babies while he slept, but he gets up and goes for a walk just so he can chat up a stranger???

Am I just being tired and hormonal, and this is really not worth getting upset about. I'm trying to do my masters along with four children 5 and under with little to no help from dh, so I am sleep deprived and no longer have a grasp on reasonable. lol.

Thank you

xx

Replies

• sorry but to me it sounds totally unreasonable!
  • the not offering u any help is bad enough, but tbh he's taken the p*ss with chatting up some random girl on the phone...does he truely think that that is exceptable?!
  • That is ridiculous - he is being selfish and insensitive. Why is he talking to some chick on the phone that he doesn't even know while you are struggling to deal with 3 of HIS ill children.

Not on in my opinion, he needs a kick up the bum!

C image
  • Is he really serios that he chatted up a stranger?? If so i would completely see my bottom. It is out of order esp when he wont get up to help with lo's. hope you get some sleep and dh starts helping xx
  • firstly i think you are rather restraint,

i would have chopped the plug off his computer and handed him one of the babies and told him to get his arse into gear, and as for chatting up a radom girl cos she sounded hot, did he acctually say that my god what a way to fill you with self esteam!!! image

i think hes taking the piss love and needs telling so!!

good luck with the kiddie winks x
  • Hun, if my husband left the house in the middle of the night to admittedly chat up a girl on the phone, and return at 5am - i'd go ballistic. and thats putting it mildly. I don't really understand the "prank calll" element of it... Do you have any idea who it was he was talking to?

Of course it was out of order for him not to help with your unwell LO's, and i'd be cross with that, but i'm suprised how calm you seem about the early hours sexy talk time with a stranger!

have some serious words.. xxx
  • Yep, I'm with everyone else, leave him with the babies and let him see how it feels for a few hours!

Hope the little ones feel better soon, and that you manage to get some sleep later hun x x x
  • sorry g/c here but he actually said she was hot thats why he spoke to her! omg - is he insane? what is the matter with this man?
    If my hubby sat on his ass playing on the computer while I tended to two sick children plus a child having bad dreams I would have thrown the damn computer out the window in all honesty but i'm sorry, admitting that he chatted to a prank caller because she sounded hot is just completely wrong for a married man or any man in a relationship to do.
    As Linzi said, i'm surprised how calm you seem about it - the guy would be 6ft under if it was me by now

Hope your children are feeling better x x
  • He actually admitted that he chatted to her because she sounded hot?! WTF!
    That alone would have had me packing his bags for a day or two, kids or not. I'm really not tolerable of that sort of thing. He's shown a complete lack of respect towards you and your children.

I think he needs a serious chat Hun, are things ok otherwise?

I would leave him with the children for a couple of hours whilst you meet a friend for coffee or something, you sound like you could do with a break and he needs to understand what you are coping with.

Hope you get it sorted

xxx
  • he has got to be taking this piss???

sorry but i would have given one of the babies to him, to deal with, and as to the coming home at 5 in the morning, wtf? i would have questions to ask! x
  • I woke up to him coming back into the house at 5am, saying he'd been woken up by a prank call, and since she sounded hot they chatted for a while. He went for a walk so he wouldn't wake us.

Sorry, what? Is he 16 years old? YES this is unreasonable behaviour from any partner, never mind a father, never mind a father with poorly children.
  • Oh my goodness i think your acting extremely restraint !!! I would go ballistic if my hubby sat playing computer games while my dd was ill (he just wouldn't ever do that!!) never mind 3 of them! And then to say he went out to talk to a hot girl? What the heck image I'm sorry hunni but he needs a serious boot up the arse!

Hugs for you and i hope the kiddies are feeling better today xx
  • Are you the most laid back person ever? I'm sorry but I would not have stood for any of that. Not helping out with the children is bad enough, my oh would soon know about that. But chatting to some girl on the phone in the early hours..... there would definately be serious trouble.

I hope the babies are feeling better.
    xx
  • that is seriously taking the p**s i would kick his arse for that.sounds like he needs to grow up and realise his not the child anymore his a father and needs to start taking some of the responsability and pulling his w8 and helping out hope he gets his arse in gear soon hun hope ya bubas are feeling better xx
  • Thank you sometimes I just need reassurance I'm not crazy. I'm not allowed to get mad with him, if I express any upset he flips, and will be mean and aggressive until he feels I'm appropriately apologetic. He believes all women use their emotions to manipulate men, and so I try very hard to be careful of how I behave. I tried writing down on a letter that I was feeling overwhelmed, and that it would mean so much if he helped me a bit more, and that I was concerned about him chatting to random women.

All I got was he works all day, (I work too, and contribute 70% of our income), and he is so exhausted. I got a good rant about how I could improve my parenting, and he's mad at me for ruining his day by even mentioning the phone call.

I'm so exhausted, I tried really hard to word things not aggressive or accusing and try to say things in a please I love you and ned your help sort of way.

Poor ds and dd3 were up crying most of last night, between tummies being unsettled or the stress. I just feel like I'm failing my children.

Sorry to moan. I probably just need sleep..lol. so I shall have a cup of coffee and some chocolate image it's the next best thing.

xx
  • Umm hedgie, this is really none of my business but your OH is TOTALLY out of order. You shouldn't need to be watching how you behave for fear of triggering his anger. And the fact that you are contributing so much of your household income while looking after 4 children - wow. You're doing an amazing job (definitely NOT failing your children!) and he clearly doesn't appreciate how lucky he is.

Hope things improve soon - he needs to buck up his ideas in a BIG way.

C image
  • My god honey, wish we could all come round and give you a hand! get the kettle on and give you hugs.

That's very unsupportive of your hubby i must say, but i know how it feels, my husband used to justify his lack of help with "i work 40hours a week" and would see that as his ticket out of any chores or childcare. We've worked things out since then and he has woken up a bit to just how much hard work is involved in being a SAHM or even working and being mummy/housewife too.

I'm concerned that you can't talk openly with him for worry of him becoming aggressive, if lines of communication aren't open you are at risk of getting realy down in the dumps chick. Of course we'll all welcome your moans and advice posts, but it's not quite the same as having a heart to heart with hubby.

I still don't understand the whole phone call thing, sorry if this is a little blunt but he sounds like he's being dissmissive about it.. and like he has something to hide? I'd need to know more for my own sanity. i'm not convinced by the "prank call" thing.

Your letter was a good idea though, good on you for trying to chat with him, shame it didn't get much resolve. You must keep on trying though.

definately get the chocolate out, that will help for now! Hope your kiddies feel better soon, and you are certainly NOT failing them, You sound like a bloody fantastic loving devoted mummy xxxxxxx
  • Hedgie you poor poor thing.

My blood is absolutely boiling here. How dare he trreat you like that!

I'm not going to suggest what you need to do as I don't really know you or your OH in the real world but I will say that he is behaving in a completely unacceptable way. I don't give a sh*t if he earns 100% of the household income (which is obviously doesn't) you and the children are HIS family and it is his responsibility to help take care of ALL of you. Whether he likes it or not. Yes it's tiring working and looking after children but tough sh*t - it comes with the territoriy. If you ask me he's lucky he's not out on his ar*e. If he was my husband I may have resorted to physical violence by now....

Maybe get him to read this thread and see how cross the rest of us are...... He has a VERY understanding wife in you!!

hope things improve sweety

xxxxx
  • i must say that although i don't know u, i am worried for u in the sense that u acn't have a reasonable discussion with ur oh about him being a knob! u shldn't be scared to say ur feelings, i'm betting the reason he's cross taht u've pointed thinsg out to him is because he knows ur right and that he infact is failing u!, ur not failing ur children, ur doing wonderfully at a very hard job, made even harde'r by ur OH thinking he rules the roost...he needs to step up to the plate and acknowledge his repsonsibilities, if u can't have a dignified converstaion with him, could u perhaps mention it to his mum or someone and see if they ahve better luck, hopefully they acn 'knock' some sense into him...but in all honesty, if things don't improve, u deserve a thousand times better than ebing left to run around after 3 poorly children while he chats up a girl! what on earth is he thinking??? there is no way that a grown man could possible believe that its ok to do that.
  • As some of the other girls have said, I am worried for you. The fact you are scared of even mentioning your feelings for fear of triggering his anger has really made me quite upset and angry for you.
    There are no two ways about this for me and i'm sorry if its not what you want to hear but if any man treated me like this i'd be upping and leaving and letting his sorry arse see what he has lost. He is emotionally and mentally abusing you........which is just plain wrong......taunting you with calls with 'hot' women? just wrong.

Have you any place you could go for a few days - let him see you've had enough and won't put up with his bullying and horrid ways?

I know its easy for me, a non-real person, to sit at my laptop and say all this, i'm not in the situation and I can't know how you feel. But as a woman, I empathise and know if it were me - I couldn't and wouldn't put up with it.

big hugs x x x