Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is this progress ?

Hi Ladies

well for the past few nights we have been trying to get Tyler to stay in his cot bed for the night, it usually results in me bringing him back downstairs at 2am as he wont settle. last night he went down at 8, then was fed at 12 and then 2am, and stayed there (after a few visits to settle) until 5.40am. Is this progress or the fact that he is still feeding twice a night and having to be visited means we are still getting nowhere,

On the upside it means that me and hubs get to spend from 8pm together and we do actually sleep in the same bed (although i spend most of my time listening to the monitor) until Tyler gets that unsettled that one of us has to get up.

Thanks
Sarah+Tyler(13 weeks today)
xx

Replies

• Sarah hun this is progress. He's started to settle after feeds stay in his own bed and you and hubby are actually in the same bed!

Some babies need feeding at night up to a year the fact that Tyler is one of them doesn't mean your not getting there, he may start dropping feeds he may not BUT your doing a great job, hes started to sleep and thats great!

Oh and the listening to the monitor I do that ALL the time and Dylan doesn't wake really, but I spent an hour and a half listening to him snore between 4 and 5.30 as I was worried he couldnt breathe!

Your doing a great job hun and im so pleased your getting somewhere

Em and Dylan 13+4 x x x x
  • Thanks Em, wasn't sure if it was progress as we were getting up to settle him. He had his first cranial osteopath appointment yesterday and she said that she had relieved some pressure so maybe this had something to do with it. We are staying up my mums tonight so hopefully this wont throw it all out of wack.

sarah
  • He will have up and down nights im sure even in new scenary if you stick with what you have been doing this week it wont throw him too out.

I think the thing is he was settling even though you were getting up at least he was sleeping in his bed and not on you, hopefully the cranial osteopathy will really help and the amount of times you settle him will be fewer as he gets more comfy and used to sleeping.

Good luck tonight, im so pleased that your making some progress

x x x
  • Thanks

He was bathed at his usual time and is now in his moses all swaddled up, I dont think its going to be so successful tonight as he is quite squashed in his moses and now he's used to having loads of room..

Fingers crossed.

Sarah