Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice please!

Hi ladies my lo is nearly 6 weeks old and totally breastfed but he hasnt done a poo for 5 days. He had been going every 3-4 days and the hv said not to worry about it. The problem is he is so windy and collicky today and i dont know what to do! any ideas?:\?

Replies

• Options
    doe she seem distressed by not pooing? I wouldn't leave it any more than 6/7 days thought before going to the dr's to maybe ring them first thing tomorrow to book an appointment... you could try drinking pure orange/pineapple juice so maybe some of it could pass onto him??

also massage his lower belly in a clockwise moition to help and even do the cycling movement whilst he's lying on his back. this all helps the bowels move the poo along.. has he made any signs that he's trying to poo but can't?
  • Options
    Hi thanks, he doesnt seem distressed just very windy so bad he stinks the room out lol. Got hv coming tomorrow for his 6 week check so will ask her about it then.
  • Options
    Hi, my lo is the same he can go every 3 to 6 days then makes up for it with what we now call poo days!! i was advised by hv to give an ounce of boiled water with teaspoon of orange juice but lo didn't like it so i drank lots of orange juice and ate lots of oranges and that seemed to do the trick, it is worrying as i was told breastfed babies generally poo all the time but after a visit to docs when he was about 3 weeks was told not to worry unless his poo was very hard then that would indicate constipation, he does very smelly trumps to make up for lack of poo i think ;\)
  • Options
    Hi well he finally did it after 6 days!!!! and believe me there was 6 days worth in his nappy! spoke to hv about it and she said not to worry so i will try to look on the positive side like how much im saving with not using so many nappies! Know what you mean about the smelly trumps samuel1 when he lets rip you certainly know about it, thank goodness for the boost button on the plug in airfreshner:lol::lol:
  • Options
    yeah!!!! I bet was such a relief for you & him! :lol: