Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

water?

does anybody know what age u can start giving babies/toddlers tap water? My LO is now 17 months and still has cool boiled water to drink as i wasnt sure when she can have the water that we drink?
thanks
Hannah xx

Replies

• She can have ordinary tap water NOW!!! My lo has been having tap water since he was 10 months -it's absolutely fine but you are supposed to still use boiled water to make up formula (if they still have it!)
  • oh ok thanks thats good to know... i was thinking it was up till she was 2 or something. She has cows milk now so i wont be needing to keep boiling that kettle!!! well, expect for OH's tea!!!!!
    hannah xx
  • It's actually 6 months!!

Remember that Birth to Five book you got when the MW came round? Well I read through that and it says 6 months for drinking water but you should still use boiled water for formula. I've been giving Gabe it since 6 months and no problems, it's soooo much easier.
  • I gave to my baby a tap water but i meet same wonderfull product Vivatap ,filters for tap water purification,and its no need to boiled water,these  product removes instantly chlorine from the water it removes bacteria from the water  ,it adjust the PH value to a healthy level and adds healthy minerals like calcium and magnesium to the water. 

You only had to do is to added a one sachet in a  bottle or jug of tap water 0.1-0.2 litters and after 5-10 min is ready to drink.image

you can look on http://www.zdravavoda.org/#/how-does-it-work/4540197187