Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

did u scream when in pushing?

2»

Replies

• No2bump 1-2 pushes?? U lucky moo! I was pushing for 45mins!!
    Although it didn't feel like it! Xx
  • I was a Grunter, but got told to put the effort into pushing not grunting. I was also emmbarresed by my behaviour after, I remember telling the mw when i was pushing that i wanted an epidural, she said that baby would be here within a few more pushes, i yelled at her to stop fobbing me off.

Hubby has just looked over my shoulder and said, I am not being funny but it didnt look that painful until the last bit, Dont you just hate men sometimes!!! GRRR!!
  • I screamed and mood my labour was so fast and intense that I lost control but with my ds which was a 15 hour labour I didn't make a peep but I must say even though that labour was longer is was no where near as painful x x
  • No! I was silent both times, just concentrating on pushing.
  • During the contractions I was balling my eyes out and wailing a lot and saying I couldn't do it. I eventually got the epidural and was silent while pushing because I was holding my breath and concentrating so much, and I was terrified of tearing, so I needed to hear the midwife (they ended up giving me a cut anyway!).
  • I didnt make a sound - with my first i was pushing for two hours but 2 and 3 i didnt really need too, so guess i was lucky, my babies tend to shoot out! x
  • no screaming here either, more of a grunt/ monster like noise!! i was lucky with only 3 pushes though!
  • I didnt scream while pushing i sort of made a very loud "im having a huge poo" groany noise :lol: I did scream when my second babys head crowned though! It all happened so quickly so the pain was very intense. With my first i was cut so never experienced the crowning head bit as she just flew out so the second time was a shock :lol: xx
  • Mrsnoname, that has just made me chuckle..
    I too didnt scream, was quite silent, went into myslef and concentrated on getting lo out...apparently I turned round to my husband and said"I still love you" hahaha, must of had too much gas and air!
    I got out of the pool and got to bed, 3 pushes and it he was out! so much faster second time round!
  • I had some silent tears when my contractions started coming one on top of another, then one scream near the beginning of pushing (which I got told off for!) then quiet for the rest of it. I screamed more last time I dislocated my kneecap!!
  • during the pushing i just stopped talking for however long it took for the contraction to pass then i went back to my conversation with the OH and the midwife lol

my OH thought i was going to break some bone in his body during the labour for my whole pregnancy so he was rather suprised at how chilled i was lol
  • I was a groaner/grunter and was told that I should stop pushing in my chest and push lower down! :lol: The midwife was very nice about it, and quite right too. I ended up pulling a muscle in my chest because of the noises I was making and was sore for a good fortnight afterwards.
  • I made a weird groaning and got told off. Couldn't stop tho. They said I would have a sore throat after and I thought who cares bout a sore throat after this. But once it was all over and I was lying in bed that night I did have a very sore throat and had to keep coughing. It was agony down below every time I coughed so maybe wasn't such a great idea. Felt like I was falling apart every time I coughed image x
  • i didnt make a noise according to mw wen i had ds2. i was on the ward still wen i came round from the pethedine and realised i wanted 2 push. i was more worried about petrifying the 2 other poor women who were in the ward being checked over!
  • I was panicking during ds1 labour as was on a drip to strengthen contractions, so out of control. I had a numbing injection down below too, so didn't feel his head crown. Took me hour and half to push him out and I remember panicking when the contractions started and wasting 1st part of contraction. So for 2nd birth wanted to do better!

So.....I screamed when I pushed ds2 head out in the birthing pool, MW actually said it helped! The pain when his head crowned was AMAZING! He came in 2-3 pushes (half hour), no wastage this time. He had a MASSIVE head and was a 10lb baby, so I think I was let off the scream! lol!

xxx

[Modified by: Nimmy on August 30, 2010 09:38 PM]

• I didn't at all. I'm not a "screaming" sort of person, if you know what I mean!! I'm with you on the entinox- that thing was clenched between my teeth because it really helped me concentrate. Wouldn't say it helped with the pain though! xx
  • I moaned through contractions,and only had a sucessful epidural for half an hour (at 9cm!!) before pushing and I only pushed for 15 mins before a decision was made to use forceps...I remember screaming/grunting like a banshee when his head came out - even with an epidural gosh it still hurt! It was muffled though by the entinox mouthpiece...H2B still said it was the worst noise he had ever heard! lol x
  • All my effort was on pushing i was so determined and didnt make a noise which is the exact opposite of how i thought i would be!!