Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Leapfrog, and other nurseries?

Hi all, I have started to look at nurseries for my lo, been to look at one today, it seemed good, it's a Leapfrog nursery, one of a national chain, just wondered if anyone else had used/uses them and what they think, also, what thing make a good nursery, what should I be looking out for? I am getting upset already about having to leave my lo, want to make sure I choose the right one. Thanksxx

Replies

• Hi Suzaie. I have just booked my little one into a leapfrog nursery. It is a tough decision to make as ideally I would like to stay with her a bit longer .... but needs must and short of winning the lottery I have very little choice. Anyway I was extremely happy with the set up at leapfrog, the staff are lovely, they did not do a hard sell and the children i saw on my visit were happy and full of beans. What i also liked was that the manager showing us round had her little girl there, she had to make sure that her little one didn't see her when she was showing us around. My little girl starts properly in April, but the nursery are doing some settling in sessions during march where I can leave her there for a few half days and either leave or sit and observe her on the cctv and then towards the end of the settling in period she has a full day settling in where i drop her off in the morning & pick her up in the evening. Therefore when she does officially start when i go back to work, she will already be used to the nursery - i guess it takes some of the stress away from what could be a very distressing time. Anyway, her first session is 13th march, i am happy to share any feedback with you after then. good luck with whatever you decide xxx
  • Hi starfly, thanks for the response. Had a look around a couple of other nurseries and it made leapfrog look even better. Which one is your lo going to? Cause the on I looked around had the managers daughter there too! The one near me is the Bicester one. I think I have pretty much decided on that one, the thing I loved was the sensory room, when we went in there Jake was just captivated by it all, so that's good. Anyway, we still have a few weeks left to win the lottery, then we will be able to retire!!xx
  • Chloe is booked into the Harlow one. So the manager at your one had her daughter there too? It does make me feel a lot better knowing that the person showing you round entrusts her child to the nursery. I know what you mean about the sensory room, i thought it was fantastic and Chloe is captivated by table lamps so that room is just sensory overload for her (they will have a tough job getting her out of it !). I am happy that she will be going there and i think she will really benrfit from all the activities and interraction with other children but in the meantime i'm going to keep on trying to pick those 6 winning numbers!! :lol: