Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO 2peezinapod, LinziMc, Spedshaw, Kel2 - ANY NORTHEAST??!

Replies

• Options
    Hi girls I used to live in Newcastle but now live in the Scottish borders - still come down to Newcastle though expecially at the moment as my nephew is in PICU at the Freeman hospital. Would love to come and meet you all if I am down at that time! xxxx
  • Options
    I am from M'bro...now tho I live in Bahrain in Middle East.

Just thought would suggest the Metro Centre as I think there is a soft play bit in metro land (tho I have not been for ages) also, as its in doors would be better for you all and little ones!!!! Just though would suggest..... Have fun when and where you meet.....but then again us northern girls always know how to have fun!!!!

d xx
  • Options
    Metroland is closed down now hun. lol

Lunch sounds fab for me to. any clues in which tuesday (if thats what we going for)

I'm so excited image xx
  • Options
    It might be a bit out of the way but I have just been googling and found this great sounding play centre, even if we don't go there it looks well worth a visit!
    www.adventurelands.com

xx

ps hi MrsGreggy!
    I am Tamsin but usually get called Tam (no suprises there!)
  • Options
    oh no..shows how long it is since I was there..lol!!!
  • Options
    hi girls, i couldnt get on last night much. Tuesdays would be fine for me, i could pretty much do any day as i have lots of holiday to take with work.

I'm up for anything to be honest though evie can get restless if expected to sit still ie highchair or pushchair for long periods of time, as she just loves to run about!

Tam - i've been to adventre land loads, it's not bad, but theres a better one in killingworth called cosmic kids which i go to tonnes with evie - it is HUGE and has a cafe and things, is pretty quiet during the week which is nice as we'd have it almost to ourselves. I wasn't sure whether or not to suggest it though because for any of you that don't drive it might be a bit out of the way!

i'd volunteer my house as well for a meet up if it was possible for people to travel to longbenton!
  • Options
    As far as Tuesdays go I can't do 3rd or 10th Feb but otherwise I can do any at the mo!

SO HOW ABOUT THE 27th JAN OR 24th FEB?????

I would happily do Adventureland or Cosmic kids if everyone else can get there???!!!
  • Options
    Hi,
    We live in Darlington but family in Newcastle so are up all the time-can we gatecrash too? Alfie's 6 months. Cosmic Kids sounds really good and Tuesday's work for us-either 24th or 27th. This is such a good idea!
  • Options
    Ok here are the list of possibles:

Craftycharli - 27th Jan Cosmic Kids
    Mum-to-1 - 27thJan Cosmic Kids
    2peazinapod - 27th Jan Cosmic kids
    LinziMc - 27th Jan Cosmic Kids
    Tam1979 - 27th Jan Cosmic Kids
    MrsGreggy - TBCONFIRMED 27th Jan/24th Feb Cosmic kids
    Spedshaw
    Tamarabell
    1stbaby-yippee!

ANYONE ELSE????

Just let me know your availablity and I will update the list so we can get down to a good date and place for everyone! We can make it later than the 24th Feb if needs be but sooner the better I think!!! image

[Modified by: Craftycharli on January 19, 2009 06:06 PM]

• Options
    i think i cant do the tuesdays in feb. think am doin a taster course at northumbria uni them tuesdays. but part from that, anytime!

Aint got a clue where the fun play places r but i could find it am sure!! xx
  • Options
    I can do either of those dates, looking forward to it whenever it is! Cosmic Kids sounds really good, can nick oh's sat nav for it if we go there!.
    I work at northumbria uni (well I will again in July, boo!) 2peez-in-a-pod, what is it you are doing?
    xx
  • Options
    I'll have to check my diary at work, but 27 Jan should be ok for me to take the day off. I'll let you know tomorrow. 24 feb should also be ok for me.

As for venue's then I don't mind where we meet. I haven't been to Cosmic Kids, so it might be nice to give it a go. Same with adventure land. I'm so indecisive I'll have to let someone else make the decision!

Tam - I work across the road from you at the civic centre!
  • Options
    what a small world this is! I work at the new NU site now where warner bros used to be
    xx
  • Options
    Oh, it looks really nice and modern there!
  • Options
    Hi tam. doing the role of the midwife taster course. but they didnt give me an interview for the degree image gutted. fingers crossed for teesside image
  • Options
    How ignorant of them 2peez! I work at the business school. Fingers crossed from me for teeside too!
    Yeah Mrs Greggy it is really modern but considering it was purpose built it is really annoying that there is no staff room/kitchen so there was no where for me to rest when I was pg and there will be nowhere for me to express if I am still bf when I go back. It looks nice from the outside though!! xx
  • Options
    Can i come to if i can get the car from oh, i have no idea where cosmic kids is but i can get sat nav or ask for directions xxxx
  • Options
    i *think* i can do 27th. what time of day are we thinking?

cosmic kids is 3.95 per child over 1year. Adults and under 1's go free. you can stay as long as you like. Theres plenty of room for little ones who are on the move to run/crawl about. Theres a soft play bit which is good for those little ones who are less mobile, ball pools, slides etc.

It's at "the killingworth centre" which has a big morrisons and matalan there if that makes it easier for anybody to find?

i'm so excited!
  • Options
    Think we were thinking Lunchtime ish Linzi! Would that be ok???

Maybe say half 11 or 12??? What does anyone else think??
  • Options
    i've just requested a holiday for next tues 27th so hopefully can have that day off. either of those times are good for me!