Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

no interest in finger foods

hi ya

my little lad is eight months old and everytime i go to give him something to try and get him to eat it he just plays with it in his hand and doent show any interest in eating it.any advice please.

Also he shows no sign of wanting to crawl whereas there are babies 9 months on here and pushing things along.

Please advice needed.am i doing things right?

Replies

• Don't worry, he sounds fine to me. Is he doing other stuff like babbling and starting to turn himself over? My youngest is nearly 8 months and although he is interested in things like rusks, he'll munch a bit but wud rather play with it! Don't forget, they r learning all the time and this is just another way of finding out differences in textures etc.

He also loves playing with his feet, rather than rolling around at the mo and babbles n chats away with us. They all do stuff in their own time - my girls were both walking at 10 months whereas my eldest boy didn't till he was 15 months!
  • i'm sure he's doing just fine, try not to worry. has he had his development check up that they have between 7-9months? i was told by my hv that if he tries to stand when you hold him up by 9 months then that enough, doesn't matter if they crawl or not.
    mine is 9 months and doesn't crawl but in the last week or 2 has learnt to stand himself up, they are all different and develop at different times. mine doesn't babble or anything either... there is always something to worry about image
    as for finger foods i'm sure as soon as he realises that it's edible they'll be no stopping him, have you tried giving him a biscuit? (teehee!) does he have lumpy foods?