Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Mousenose

Hi sorry i missed ur post in the tallkatie convo, well so far so good he has managed porridge for breakfast and he has had a bowl of strawberry cheesecake yougurt for dinner and for tea along with two rusks and 4 bottles so hes doing well eating but still no use getting him to sleep at night but it has only been three days so im hoping by the weekend it should of had a knock on effect and his body will be used of being fuller of a nightime and he will start to go to bed earlier hes still awake now but he half way through a bottle with the oh and he looks very sleepy so prob wont be long until hes asleep.If it doesnt work by the weekend im gonna have to try a different approach to the bedtime routine lol

I need him in a routine ideally by october because i start work again and ill be doin 2days volentry at the primary school and ill be at college on a friday doin my teaching assistant course and to be fair OH is shit at getting his tea done and changing him and putting him to bed of a night time (he wud much prefer to sit watch tele and play games on laptop while lo plays until god no's wot time grr!!)so if im not getting in until 8 (9o clock over xmas) im gonna have to do it wen i get in but ill have assignments to do ill have to cook my tea ect so it will have gone midnight by the time i go to bed so i really need this to work lol.

xxxx

Replies

• just bumping it up x x
  • hey chick! Sorry i missed your post last night... i was out and had a bloody good time... not before I got an ear bashing from Rick because 'every time' (about three) I go out Jake takes ages to settle... I did have to explain that yes he does it for me too about three times a week when OH is out so not unusual lol!

Glad your Lo is doing better with the food. i think some babes just arent all that interested and would rather be on the go all the time! jake is living off sarnies and pasta and stuff which I can just put in a bowl on the floor so he cna eat whilst playing and just help himself (bad mummy). I cannot spoon feed him at all!Strawberry cheesecake yogurt sounds yummy!

Re College, I have just started college on an Access To HE course and OH gets home before me but ill be buggered if he ever finds the inclination to start tea or put a wash on or something before I am home. :x men are useless tbf arent they! His excuse before was it was my job cos i dont work... ha ha :roll:

Hope he does start with a good routine. maybe before october you need to be getting strict with him... after all before you thought he was hungry but now if you can get him to eat then it would just be habit, so maybe a touch of CC? If you do it now when you dont have all the stress i would imagine you would get it over and done with by October *fingers crossed!*

Being a mummy is blooming hard work isnt it!

xxx
  • Do you have to pay to go back to college if you have children?
  • Roch, I havnt paid, If you get a means tested benefit, like income support, jobseekers etc its free and also if you get working tax credits with an income under about 15k which is how we qualified.

Had to pay admin fee of twenty and exam fee of ??80 though but my mum paid for that, image
  • Oh right..I didn't know that. Cheers =]
  • bump for tilly ... sorry to hear your Lo isnt feeling too good hun xxx
  • Hi , everytime i try to wean him he gets really poorly im begining to think its the food lol i hat the whole control crying but we did start 2 nights a go he makes this funny cooing noise when he gets tired so we just put him in his cot and with 20 mins of cooing getting louder he fell asleep all by himself but then threw up everywhere that night in his cot but at least he has took that step now he did it again last nite too but he was feeling a little poorly and it did take a bit longer but we r getting there however it was still like 10 before he went to sleep but were getting there image xx
  • aww poor thing (sorry i dont know his name)

Have you had him checked out for medical issues, i dont know stomach issues etc? if he is getting ill?

Glad you are getting a bit more sleep. x
  • He's called Lukeimage No i havent had him checked out for medical issues now im wondering wot cud b wrong lol im sure its just a conincidence that hes ill evertime i try weaning him but im definatly goin to the doctors today now lol i worried now lol i hope if there is something wrong its not really bad i wud feel so guilty.

XxXxX
  • oh no, i didnt want to worry you! i have no medical training, just sometimes you go through everything and still come up with zero. when jake was little and had screamed for hours, i was in tears, having done *everything* i could think of to settle him rick would come back and remind me that I hadnt fed him, he had been screaming so long it had made the time go faster...

Im sure it is a conincidence. Just little boys being monsters and keeping us on our toes! image
  • probably, lol but iv not been well at all today and oh has just called me to say he feels like crap too so i think we have just got a bug but that wont explain his eye rolling but will stil get it checked out just incase lol xxx