Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

does housework take a back seat?

like the title says... does anybody else let housework pile up??

my house just seems to look like a bomb has hit it 24.7 since LO arrived. i try not to let it get dirty, but tidy is a different story. my ironing pile is like the leaning tower of pizza... i cant get to my sink for dishes, my sitting room is like an obstacle course of toys, my coffee table is piled high with mail, bank statements etc which have needed filing for months, my washing basket has over flown completely... the list is endless..

evie only has half an hour cat naps during the day and needs entertained/watched all of the time. when she is asleep getting myself washed and dressed and prep-ing bottles is my first priority. when hubbys around and i get to blitz the place it's only a matter of hours before we're back to square one.

i always imagined myself as some super woman, brilliant hands on happy mummy.. rather like mary Poppins, sexy wife always dressed to impress OH, anthia turner style house-keeper. my goodness, i'm everything but! am i the only one who cant juggle it all? or do you all live in sparkley clean spic and span homes? i always imagine that you do. and that im the only one with a pigs stye!

Replies

• Options
    my house is not spic and span trust me i do most of my house work when he goes bed at night and try do bits in the day it seems an constant thing but hey it can only get better i hope he is crawling at min so im constantly runnin around after him or playin but i do try get at least10 min in the day 2 clean