Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

trying to tone up mummy tummy...

has anyone got there old tummy back yet? i miss mine, i feel so uncomfortable on the beach with my belly wobbling everywhere. i went from a size 8 to a 12/14 and gained just over 4 stone when i was pregnant, but fortunatly i only have 1 stone left to lose and to tone up my tummy, was wondering if any of you mummy's have any tips? ive started to go to the gym a few times a week but wanted to know whether there were any simple exercises to do at home? and anything good to eat, im a fussy eater and dont relly like veg and not alot of fruit, but im willing to give anything and everything a go xx

Replies

• I put 2 stone on when pregnant but have lost it - I only had small bump & baby!

Still got jelly belly though! It's good you are going to the gym.
    As for exercises at home - well pushing lo in pushchair is good!
    Also doing the housework - lol!! It all burns calories.

You said you are fussy and don't like much fruit/veg, but how about investing in a juicer/smoothie maker? You can add as much fruit/veg to it and just drink it in one go so at least you are getting some of your 5 a day!?
  • I never had a good flat toned tummy before baby but now I wish I had that back causemy stomach actually makes me feel sick! Im also trying to lose weight but admittedly love my food too much and have such a sweet tooth!

Have you seen Davinas pre and post natal workout? Ive only usded it once as only bought it a few days ago and i know we are a bit late for the pre bit!! but the post natal is very good for toning the bits that go down hill after having a baby. (davina even gets her wobbly belly out, be it small! but she does and kind of made me feel better about myself!!)

Smoothies are a fab way to go to get one of your 5 a day and you can just use a blender. I usually do my own but the mo in Asda they are doing Boost smoothies (usually over ??2 for 750ml bottle) but at the moment they are 49P!!!!! Everytime I go im lucky to get the last one or two bottles but worth a look if you shop there.
  • Huh I wish Hannah!its almost a yr since my son was born and i still have a mummy tummy,im back in my pre baby clothes and back to the weight i was before BUT i still have a wobbly belly that hangs over all my jeans lol!!!!i hate it has im not use to it at all...well actually i am now but you know what i mean lol!
    Anyway im the same as you i dont like many vegs and same with fruit and salad is soooo boring hehe,i admit i love my food and my wine!
    Ive been making alot of stir frys as this way i can get my veg intake,as i just shove aload in to the wok.
    I do sit ups every day(but have to force myself!)im going on holiday in Sept so dont have much time!!I find if i miss a day or two of sit ups it throws me off and then i cant be bothered anymore,so i try to do them every single day,usually when lo is napping!
    Good Luck and maybe try an exercise dvd like someone else mentioned
  • hey ladies...
    well i have lost half a stone in just over 2weeks and i have to say the major change you can see it is in my belly......i used to have a flat belly until mia arrived 4months ago and it went fat and wobbly....but the big thing that works is sit-ups.....i know its boring and hard work but they def work........i only do little crunhces not full on sit ups. i try to do 5 lots of 25 at the mo. then after a week increasse it by 1 so next week i will be doing 6 lots of 25.

xx
  • I had a conversation with my manager along similar lines...

She has some weird disease that is gradually rotting away the discs in her spine, so is in constant pain and can't do proper situps. She has a 3 year old and also wants rid of the jelly-belly, so her partner who is a footballer showed her a couple of exercises.

The first one is to lie flat on your back. Keep your legs straight, and lift them to about a 40 degree angle. This works the bottom of your stomach. Once you find these easier, raise one leg higher than the other and swap them back and forth.

To work the top of your tummy, lie flat on your back but just lift your head and shoulders off the floor.

These are a lot harder than they sound! So don't do what I did and do a whole load of them on your first go and then feel like crap all the next day! :lol:
  • oblique crunches work really well. lay down like ur gonna do a sit up but cross one leg over the other, if ur left leg is on top then when u come up to do the crunch u twist toward ur right side (if it doesnt make sense im sorry) i do melinda nicci baby to body work out its great
  • hey ladies...

my son is almost ten months old and my tummy is still the same as it was the day i gave birth. its crinkly, covered in stretchmarks and i have this strange pouch thing going on!! imageops:
    I really want to get in shape..I am still 4 stone over my normal weight and Im not feeling very happy with the way I look. I wouldnt mind if I didn't have a fat face and about 3 chins :lol:
    I am very unfit and have bad asthma (not a good combination!!)
    The lowest weight I've been since having my lo is 11st4lbs and I managed that by walking every day and cutting down on the biscuits!
    I want to try doing that again although I need some motivation (as if looking in the mirror wasnt enough)
    I have tried doing gentle crunches in the morning, which aren't too tiring, I just need to keep it up!

I have heard that a mummy tummy never really goes away :\(

Emilie and Sam xxx