Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice, suggestions and feedback please

Replies

• i love them all apart from the first baby (a bit weird to be eating a baby, but the second one is cute enough to eat!) and the terrys chocolate pece, which looks a bit like it's in poo. but it probably looks better in the flesh. all the others are making me hungry!

:lol: totally agree, I did ask my OH if the choc orange was was slightly turd like but he assured me it wasn't! At least now I know not to trust his opinion! I haven't quite worked out yet how to make the chocolate icing look good and not like poo. Thats my mission for this week now!

Muffin mummy if you are interested feel free to email me!
  • Yum yum yum!!! They look gorgeous, I'll be dreaming of that rocky road one tonight! The stripey one in the first picture is really classy, I could polish off a whole plate of those

Have you tried using sugarpaste for decorations? Fondant can be a bit 'thick' iyswim, but sugarpaste rolls really really thin and fine...
  • Hi hun they look gorgeous. I make them for family and friends a lot and mainly do buttercream, cant do the fondant so am very jealous of your creations.

The best choc buttercream I have made was

3 parts icing sugar e.g. 300g
    1 part butter e.g.100g
    a dash of milk
    2 tablespoon of cocoa powder (use as much as you need to the amount of butter and icing sugar you choose)
    a dash of vanilla essence

Chuck it all in a bowl and whizz it all up.

It looks really creamy and is delish.

xxxxx
  • I think they look brilliant. The simpler ones are the best ones!
  • WOW - they look amazing! If I'm totally honest, I probably wouldn't want to eat the baby one lol, it LOOKS amazing, but it would be strange eating a bbaby if you know what i mean! The icing looks so perfect! Well done, if you were in australia i'd be ordering a batch a week haha imageimage Good luck!! xxx

PS - Zoruel - that comment was totally nasty and uncalled for; if you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all!
  • Tilly09- Trolll alert! I wouldn't respond to it! Just ignore x
  • As I said on FB...YUM!

They look gorgeous!

Can I offer my services as official cup cake taster please!!? It could benefit us both - an independant opinion for you and some weight gain for me!! :lol:

Love NN xx
  • good call, sending supportive vibes to Miss Impatient image
  • they look very tasty!

Ignore rude comments image I wouldn't say no to tasting them image
  • They look very scrummy, you are making hungry now. You are very artistic, if I tried to do that it would be a disaster.
  • Thank you everyone for your opinions.

Zoruel I agree some of them look unprofessional and I need to improve before I can sell them. As I said above the pictures those are the 1st and 2nd time I ever used fondant so I am sure I can improve.

I think calling them cheap and tacky was being rude rather than giving an opinion but there is no accounting for people with no manners.

NN I definately need a taster to stop me from getting even fatter lol!!
  • Have you tried using sugarpaste for decorations? Fondant can be a bit 'thick' iyswim, but sugarpaste rolls really really thin and fine...

I haven't but will have a go, thank you for the tip!

That choc buttercream sounds lovely, I use a cream cheese frosting but always keep my eye out for some different flavours to use. Thank you.
  • You're welcome, honey!

My mum uses it for flowers, it's good stuff! x
  • Totally G/C but just wanted to say how lush those cakes look!! Well done - i think they're fab :\)

SF xxx
  • You're welcome, honey!

My mum uses it for flowers, it's good stuff! x

I tried making flowers with fondant. I don't know what they looked like but it was definately not flowers :lol:
  • Nom nom nom, the rocky road looked delicious!
  • They are wonderful, although i do have to be honest and say i'm not keen on the actual baby cakes. Well done you image
  • they are great! i used to make cakes with fondant but dont have the time since DD arrived.

i have a fab recipy for making your own fondant which works out cheaper in the long run.

if you can afford it i'd reccommed getting a kitchen aid mixer, expenisve but well worth it. i love my pink kitchen aid

• Well that's my diet out the window!!!! They look so yummy, my mouth is watering. U will have to look into shipping, I want some!!
    J xx
  • I think they provide a great alternative to traditional one tier christening cakes. That baby is terrifying though ! lol
    If you lived close by I would definately order some . right wheres the chocolate now im hungry xx