Forum home Babies Baby

She crys till she's sick!!!!!

It might sound cruel but the more you do leave her with your mum them the better she will get... It will take time for her to get used to it as she's had you all to herself for 4 months and now she isn't.. My friends little girl took 2 months to settle in nursery (aged 16months when she started) how often have you been leaving her with your mum? Has it been everyday? maybe start with 1 hour once a day? how long have you got before you start back at work? :\) ps. welcome to the forum! xx

Replies

• You really just need to ease her into it. I would go and see your mum but don't immediately pass your little girl over, hold her and let your mum talk to her for her a while.

After a while maybe pass her over but make sure she can still see you.

It took my little girl longer to get used to my boyf's mum than it did for her to get used to my mum which is weird because she sees my boyf's mum more but I guess it depends on their tone of voice, their face and other factors.

She will be fine, it's juts going to take a bit of time, that's all :\)
  • Thanks to everyone for your advice. Things are getting much easier now. I just hope i havn't spoken too soon!!!
    Jem + Verityimage
  • my youngest daughter (who is now a healthy 10year old) she used to bang her head against the wall in temper when she first learned to sit unsupported, until she realised she would get more attention (cleaning her up and cuddling her) if she screamed til she was sick, she finallly stopped when she was about 3, when one day i just made her clean the sick off the floor.....i'm probably a really wicked mum for it but she never did it again. my eldest who is now 15 used to stop herself breathing when she screamed and she would turn blue before she would breath again, she used to scare the life out of me
  • Wow. How do such small people have such huge temper's?!!!:roll: