Forum home Babies Baby

Anyone using an amber necklace for teething?

(also in Born in May)
Hi Ladies
Just wondering if any of you were using/considering using an amber necklace on your LO's for teething? I was recommended it and it seems to work pretty well for others. One person said their baby got two teeth and they didn't even know! I bought one yesterday for Sam (5 months) and he looks pretty cute with it on... like a surfer dude, like hey wow man.

I have been struggling the past few days with him especially in the evening and am hoping it will help.

Replies

• hiya, i was considering getting one but ddont know alot about them or where to get one. my daughter is almost 10 months (although 6 weeks prem) and still has no teeth. she is suffering terribly!!!
    xx
  • I live in South Africa so can't help with where to get one but maybe just look online? I bought mine at a health shop that sells all those flakey type things like crystals ha ha image
  • Yes I have one, I think its amazing! My lo has 2 teeth and to behonest is much happier with it on! As for where I got it from it was online, I can't remember who, but definately recommend it.
  • My son is 10 months and has worn his for a few months now. Im probably 60/40 in favour of it making a difference - he cant just wear it alone without any other help to get through his teething bouts of pain but if it even makes that small amount of difference then it's worth it. Besides, I too think they make him look like a little surfer dude and I get so many comments about it from everyone.
  • Sara's worn one for about 4/5 months now and I think it has helped with teething, although I'm not about to take it off to find out! I got mine from ebay, excellent service. I would say though just make sure its baltic amber especially for teething as the thread will be knotted between each bead and if its not baltic it won't work...so they say!
  • Hi,
    I use one on my 6 month daughter, and I swear by it, It has made such a difference to her. Within 24 hours of putting it on her little cheeks were no longer red, the drooling had reduced dramatically, and she didn't wake at night screaming in pain. She now has two teeth and she really doesn't seem bothered with pain anymore. I know some like me swear by them and others are not so sure but for me spending ??9.99 on something that was portentially going to help was well worth it.
    I leave hers on all the time, however at night we put it round her ankle under her sleep suit.
    We bought ours from weerascals.
    x

[Modified by: raffe on September 21, 2010 01:41 PM]

• do they wear it at night and in the bath etc? xx
  • Sara wears her 24/7. She's had it on since she was tiny so it doesn't bother her. I'm not worried by choking etc at night either as the string would break before that happened.
  • The advise you take it off at night, but its your choice, I put mine on my lo's ankle under his baby gro. He does wear it in the bath too, just becareful what lotions and potions you ise on baby though as the necklace will require cleaning more frequently if you use oils etc.
  • Sasha has had one for about 5/6 months now and wears it 24/7. She doesn't have any teeth yet though so I couldn't say whether it works or not but I figured its not doing any harm either.
  • my son Harry is nearly 2 we are just waiting for his final 4 back teeth to come through. Is he too old to start wearing one off these and do they need to wear them 24/7 to get the benefits?