Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

did your oh get you a present post baby?

2»

Replies

• My OH didn't get my anything at the time of the birth with either of mine, just usual chocs, magazine whilst in hospital. But after about 6 or 7 weeks of having Jack he proposed to me. I feel like he is the only one for me, and I do believe we'll be together forever, so for me that was/is the best present ever!!

• Beautiful story as well btw!!

• I did get a huge bunch of florist flowers a few weeks after the birth, but to be honest I had been so poorly I think OH was tramatised, so it didnt occure to him right away.
    But what he did do was beautiful, he washed me, held me, cuddled me, cooked, cleaned,looked after the baby, put my in and took me out of bed, got up to see to charlie night & day, made all the bottles and later showed me how, changed all the nappies, did all the shopping, & kept me tucked up on the sofa while he brought me cups of tea & meals while he did EVERYTHING for 5 weeks!

He can be a romantic sole tho.. for our engagement he took me to a sleepy little village in zante, got a hugh bunch of local flowers, champane & cocktails, done a big love heart of fire on the ground and asked me to get engaged.. how sweet! with a beautiful diamond ring!

He also brought me to paris to an art dec hotel it was so lush and walked me half way up the effiel tower! :lol: he is soooo scared of hights it's as far as we could go before he pinned himself to the wall! lol bless!
  • Aw wow, it_must_be_love, your reply just made me cry! So sweet x
  • I got a bottle of pink gin! Shame it tasted like crap!! He was great though after she was born - I didn't do a thing for the 2 weeks he was off work afterwards, he even brought her to me in bed during the night for me to bf then he'd wind her and put her back!!
    He's normally very romantic, for our first wedding anniversary he put return flight tickets to Chicago for a weeks holiday!!
    xxx
  • Lol, definatley Katie!
  • Well directly after I just got the usual of flowers etc but whilst I was in labour (a particularly bad one!) he said to me 'I swear to god, you can have all those bloody charms for your bracelet after this'
    Well I was well on the way with gas n air by this point so didn't say much but about 3 days after the birth I gently reminded him what he said and his exact words were 'Shit, I didn't know you were with it when I said that'!!!!!
    Needless to say 3 months later at xmas I got the rest of my remaining charms setting him back a cool ??385.00!!
    Kind of cute I guess :lol:
  • Hmmm hubby didn't get me anything but throughout my pregnancy he always said he would buy me something to remember the event with, he mentioned jewlery, but like I said I got nothing!
    xxxxx
  • TBH i wasnt expecting anything!! I did get Alan Carrs book (the comedian not the stop smoking man) which i really really wanted and a huge bag of peanut m&ms. They are my fave and i couldnt have them when i was pregnant.