Forum home Babies Baby

Anyone used....

....a haberman feeder? (have been glued to baby whisperer on home and health all day!). They look really good for BF babies but are quite pricey so thought i'd ask the experts before I invested! Or has anyone found a good alternative?

Also, my mum keeps harping on about using vaseline on LO's bottom - she used it on me and my bro and she is VERY proud of the fact we never had nappy rash because our bottoms were 'water-proofed' by the vaseline. Does anyone else do this??? ADVICE PLEASE!!

Thanks in advance and sorry to g/c (from due in Jan 2010)

Liz xxx

Replies

• never heard of the haberman feeder, but im with your mum on the vaseline. I used it on Holly, shes only 10 weeks but so far, fingers crossed no problem. Although I do normally use some bepanthen after her bath (every other day) just as an extra precaution. I have also used sudocrem now and again but you have to be careful not to use too much or else its hard to get off!! I find the vaseline the best it stops urine soaking into her skin and stops anything sticking to her.
  • I used these with my first baby (was also addicted the baby whisperer!) and to be honest they were a complete waste of money! I thought they would help with breastfeeding but he was only bottle feeding by 4 weeks because he wouldn't bother trying to feed on the breast. They are such a faff to use and always leak, we soon ended up buying a batch of avent bottles.
    I'm currently breastfeeding my 10 week old daughter. For a few weeks I was topping her up using TT bottles and she had no problem with nipple confusion and fed fine.

Cat xxx
  • That's what I thought damudda, its water and air proof so the idea hasn't sat entirely comfortably with me either. Although I can see that it would give skin a 'barrier'
  • hi guys
    no idea re feeder
    but grace had v bad nappy rash when she was a few weeks old and gp told me this:
    at home use cotton wool and cooled boiled water to cleanse then dry, smear vaseline over bits then renappy
    if out use wipes, but try to use water too to wipe off the chemicals the wipes have on them
    the water is to wash away the chemicals disposable nappies contain and the wee that gets locked into skin, vaseline prevents too much of this happening due to it forming a barrier

HTH

jane n grace xxx