Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Harrassed in M&S today - very upset!

Replies

• I must just be a prude, I'd never swear at anyone (I do swear, but I just never direct it at anyone. I don't think, anyway. Oh except dangerous drivers, but they don't hear it).
  • :lol: I swear like trooper when I am driving, I try really hard not to in front of the lo's but it just falls out :lol:
    I don't swear at people normally, but sometimes, if the annoy me enough, it has been known!
    xx
  • I was only kidding..good god!!! thought most would realise it was just a joke! Ofcourse I would not have punctured her tyres! I would prob not have sworn either as I have the intellect to get my point across without resorting to swearing...but by god it feels good to swear sometimes!!!

What I would hve REALLY done...since it seems I have to paint the picture is,,,,,,,,

told her to go away and stop been a silly interfering old biddy. IF she still harrassed me I would have gone to the counter and asked for the manager and a secturity guard to be called to sort it out.

There
  • if that did not work....I would have accused her of trying to steal my baby since she did try to insist you leave your baby with her..... why???? those scooters are pretty fast so her saying she was hardly going to go anywhere is not true. people like her give disabled people a bad name and that is not fair. My mum was disabled for a while due to crippling cancer so I know the impact of been disabled!

OR you could have told the security guard you saw her put something in her bag... a good old strip search would put her in her place...BTW that was ALSO a joke!!!!!!!!
  • PMSL!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

really shoulda done those perinial excercises! image
  • I know you weren't being serious about the tyres, deedee - I was just feeling a bit uncomfortable with the general feeling being created by the slightly nasty things being said. I thought perhaps others felt the same - that being rude about someone because they were rude to you is quite a childish way of dealing with something - but clearly I'm alone on this.

You got me thinking now Bedhead - I MUST have sworn at someone at some point in my life, surely?

• You got me thinking now Bedhead - I MUST have sworn at someone at some point in my life, surely?

Surely????? My OH gets my swear words all in one ear bashing. I just feel much calmer once I have had a good swear at him. My father swore like a sailor but he was chronically depressed. However, been brought up hearing it makes it sort of OK if that makes sense. I never ever heard my mum swear. She would smack my hand if I said bloody hell (this is when I was a married woman with kids)

I hate hearing swearing in the street, in a pub etc... however, I am no snow white and do swear when the need dictates IMO.. I am not saying its right..infact its totally wrong. It seems todays youth see swearing as a right of passage. i watched the inbetweeners. (brilliant) but it made me think do my 2 teens swear and talk like that????

Sorry, off the subject there a bit but just food for thought...

PTB I knew you would see I was been tongue in cheek.... I just feel a bit rebellious today! I am bored, fed up of been back in Bahrain and, missing home and my oldest daughter sooo much it actually hurts..
  • I must have, you're right! I just can't remember it. I'd have to be so, so angry, and I can prob count on one hand the number of times I've got seriously angry at someone (I normally just get upset, or walk away).

I totally swear when I'm cross with myself, though, or at a situation! Or if I drop something or bang my head, and stuff like that.

Hehe at your mum smacking your hand deedee! Mine still licks a tissue and tries to wipe my face if there's something on it :roll:

I'm sorry you're missing home and your daughter! And I also know exactly what you mean about just feeling a bit rebellious and fed up sometimes, so sorry if I went LA LA LA LA in my teacher voice :\)
  • thats so nasty, i go in disabled tolets all the time, i have a two year old and a 8 week old, what suppose to do leave our kids outside, hope you get it sorted duck x
  • sorry...hi jacking the post again

PTB..what age do you teach. My daugther is going to Edgehill to study Early years with QTS... quite excited for her as she will be a fully qualified teacher in 3 yrs... hopefully!!!!!!!!

I imagine she is going to have to work very very hard indeed over the next 3 yrs to qualify with a good degree???
    d x
  • I'm secondary but teach LOs privately too. Good for your daughter! Yeah it's a lot of work but so worth it for job security and all the rewards teaching brings :\)
  • I have to say that she was soooo out of order and had that been me, yes I would have sworn at her especially if she deemed it necessary to follow me and harass me and it maybe childish but i don't care! I'm a human being too and have just as much right to pee where i damn well like (well within reason! hehe) x

Should have told her to get off her high horse (or scooter! hehe) next time just wait til she goes to leave and shove security tagged item into the back of her scooter! Childish it maybe but sometimes it makes you feel a damn site better x

• thank you for all your replies, yes sometimes you do feel like doing things to make yourself feel better at the time don't you? I think im quite a sensitive thing that in situations like that i just get easily upset but over all the abuse it was the fact she was sooo insistant about looking after my munchkin, that really shook me up, anyway letter to head office in the post!! xx
  • that is well bad i have often went to toilet with the door open as couldnt fit in toilet x hey dee dee i went edge hill to study english.it was the best three year of my life.she will enjoy it and its a good college for teaching all my friend have graduated from there a teachers.what halls is she staying in x
  • id of pushed her off the scooter the arrogantcow lol but thts just me id of belted her sorry but i wud. I hate those f//// scooters cos last yr an stinky old fart run my 6 yr old ova cut all his leg and the bastard said he was in the way my oh had to pull me off the wanker. She shudnt of even been ridein the bloody thing round the store anyway its dangerouse dnt worry hun let it go ova your head she ent worthit hun dnt let it upset u xx
  • Picking my jaw up from the ground at this post!! (and Emmalou's comments!!). Cannot believe how RUDE this lady was, and especially in front of your child.

I think you did the right thing. I feel angry for you. This women sounds horrendous. I, like you would NEVER leave my child with a stranger and therefore on occasion have had to use the disabled toilet.

I'm usually too nice when people are rude to me... I'd rather keep the peace... then I walk away and regret it and wish I had stood up for myself. Trust in karma is my only advice. xx

[Modified by: MyGirlandI on September 14, 2009 03:25 PM]

• Ooooh what a nasty old woman! She had no right to follow you around the store abusing you, so you went for a wee and wouldnt leave your baby with a stranger, i don't blame you! Good for you taking it further. I've often used the disabled loos with my 3 in tow, part of being a mum is having a weak bladder so i cant hold it, and would never leave my lot alone, so i have no choice! My little sister is disabled, and i know we've often waited for the disabled loo because an able bodied person is using it, but if they have kiddies with them we wouldn't dream of moaning. In fact, disabled toilets are for people who are unable to use the other toilets. I think not being able to fit a pushchair/toddler in there counts as being unable to use it!! xxx
  • I've just actually read these posts properly (just replied at first) and i'm sorry but OF COURSE people should be able to use motorised scooters in public for getting around!! OK fair enough some people don't look where they're going etc, but for others its the only way they're able to get around and lead normal lives, ie go shopping without help. What are they supposed to do, be stuck in their homes relying on others forever? Sorry but i feel some of you have been very harsh. Fair enough she needn't have been so rude, but you never actually met the woman so have no idea whether she was just "fat and lazy" or had a true disability. It seems very unfair to judge someone that way. Judge her allyou like for being rude, but not for being disabled! God i hope my sister never comes up against that sort of attitude unless i'm there to back her up, she'd be mortified image
  • I was just having a laugh about the fat people you see on motorised scooters as come on you DO see them...and I don't mean just chubby people I mean those that look about 30 stone types. And as I said it is usually the people who get so defensive that are the ones that there disability isn't really as disabling as some. I'd never actually say that to someone though, and I agree with you that scooters should be allowed in shops...they can be dangerous but so can a lot of things...BUT I dont think motorised scooters should be road legal, I really don't. I dont mind them in shops or on a pavement but hate them in the road as its an accident waiting to happen imo!!
  • Oh god yeah, actually i think its illegal to have them on the road! Anything with a motor can only be on the road if its taxed and insured i believe, so no definatley not on the roads! I wasnt having a moan at you, i just didnt very much like the way some people had turned it in to having a pop at less able bodied people (unintentional or not) And yes i do see some very large people using scooters, but unfortunately some peoples disabilities cause them to struggle with weight. My sister has cerbral palsy, so being unable to move means she puts on weight very easily! Sorry i don't normally get on my high horse but sure you can understand its a subject i feel very strongly about, having suffered nasty comments and ignorance when out with my sister xxx