Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Yummy Mummy

Anyone else hate the expression 'Yummy Mummy'? I find being a new mum pressure enough without magazines etc making us feel that we need to dress in designer gear with a faceful of makeup and our kids in designer gear, and us all meeting in Selfridges or Harvey Nics drinking Mochas or skinny latte's........ cooking organic food for our kids and finger painting the kitchen.......end of rant

Replies

• I know what you mean. I normally just stick on a pair of trackie bottoms, tie my hair back and off I go to get Sophie weighed but I feel like everyone looks at me as if I am a wreck. I felt so under pressure today I stuck on some foundation and mascara...still felt a wreck but thougt I had better make a bit more of an effort.
  • hi, feel the same, how can you be a yummy mummy with a saggy belly and suitcases under you eyes, its ok if you've got the money and the time, unfortunatly i dont have either lol. :\?
  • dont know about you girls but i just feel frumpy my oh doesnt get that i dont feel sexy at the mo
  • What's with the saggy belly anyway isn't it bad enough we have to go through nine months of sickness and who knows what other conditions we have to contend with just to get an ordnance survey map which wobbles like jelly after - i asked my surgeon for a tummy tuck while she did my section but she didn't find it too funny
  • I'm just reading 'the rise and fall of a Yummy Mummy'. it's hilarious, but there mite be some truth to it. I hope to find a medium between trakky bums and Prada! hee hee