Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long....

does it take for teeth to come through?
Please tell me it will be soon!!!
Maddie has been teething for months now but the last couple of days (and nights) have been pure hell!
She is really grumpy and wakes up screaming, she has rosey cheeks and seems a little constipated and windy and could drown in the drool.
Any tips and advise would be great.
She is nearly 6 months now.

Please save my sanity!!!!!

Replies

• I was thinking the same! Poppy is really struggling too.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that they hurry up for Maddie as well cos it's not nice to see them struggle!
    xx
  • Someone told me that all the drool may make our lo's a bit dehydrated so make sure that you give Maddie plenty of cooled boiled water, especially as she has been a little constipated. You may also find that their little bottoms may be redder due to their wee being a bit stronger, I use Drapolene on Haydn's bottom and this seems to be helping. I gave Haydn some Calpol the other night, he was in so much pain and so tired. He was trying so hard to smile at me through his tears it broke my heart.

All the best ladies, and babies xxxx
  • My son is 9 months and doesn't appear to even be teething yet! My mum said I was nearly 1 before I got my first tooth. But my brother was 3 months.
  • We have resorted to the Calpol, took her to GP today as really raspy (not unusual for her) thought we should check her chest and he said she has a cold. I think it may be a bit of a cold but i would still put most of it down to her teeth as she is pushing her cuddly toy right up to her mouth and letting out screams in the middle of the night.
    I am trying to give her extra water but even now she doesn't take it and i know you shouldn't give juice unless it is with a meal so not sure how to get extra fluids into her.
    NO sign of a tooth yet, i hope the pain goes soon, she has been trying to smile today and did perk up when she was flirting with a boy in the doctors surgery - well i think she scared the life out of him actually, looks like she is going to rule any relationships when older (alot older!)

Good luck with the teeth everyone and if anyone comes up with any more tips that help please let us all know.
    Thanks
  • Hi sillymoo,

joshua is 8 months and had a viral infection last week and was waking 3-4 times a night which was killing me cos he's been sleeping through from 9 weeks! anyway he had spots all over him and was off his bottle and then on thursday last week he had a white dot looked a bit like an ulcer on his gum and now you can feel his tooth coming through...its quite sharp. i was starting to think he woulkd never get a tooth x
  • Well done Joshua (and mum!)
    I wonder if Maddie is under the weather because she is teething, you know what it's like if you are run down.
    I keep checking for white dots but none, i keep telling myself that she can'y be this bad unless it is just about to come through.