Forum home Babies Baby

Removing toys to improve behaviour

Hi I remembered super nanny using this method to stop misbehaviour. Do all toys get removed and then is it one a day or one each time they are good? Not sure how it works exactly but may have to resort to desperate measures. My 3 year old is testing the limits at the moment. Any help appreciated x image

Replies

• i think it's a key toy. have you tried reward charts? i always find them and rewards for good behaviour in general more affective than punishment.
  • I thought you LO chose 10 toys and the rest were taken away. Then if your child behaved badly and after warnings one of those ten got put in a box. If they were good again then they could win it back.
  • I thought you LO chose 10 toys and the rest were taken away. Then if your child behaved badly and after warnings one of those ten got put in a box. If they were good again then they could win it back.

This is right - I saw this episode relatively recently and made a mental note as I thought it would be good for my 3 year old dd if needed
  • Hi I have to say from my own experience with a child of 3 the reward charts are fab, one of mine was as simple as a ladder drawn on a page and a star for each day he was good, top of the ladder meant a treat, he was always gutted when he didn't get a star and when he was good and got his wee star at the end of the dday we all clapped and cheered and he was so excited it worked really well, other wee charts I let him help me make, a wee race course, a snake etc he always enjoyed sticking things on etc xx good luck xx

naughty step was always great for us too but it really only works if you follow it to the letter and be consistent every time, I still use this for my ds who is now 6 albeit very rarely but omg he just hates having to sit on the stairs for 6 minutes lol