Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any tips for helping baby crawl?

My lo is 24wks now and loves playing on front but is really beginning to get frustrated now as he's trying to get around...just not getting far...he can pull his bum up now but cant get the front end up to so as he tries he's just pushing his face into the floor! he gets so frustrated i have to pick him up or turn him back over to his back...anyone got any ideas on how to help him get his front end up? x

Replies

• i brought a toy from boots its cylinder shape you blow it up and that rolls its called crawl a long roller i used 2 put bryce arms on it and it used 2 slowly roll away i used 2 do that few times everyday bryce loved it and im sure it learnt him he has been crawling since 7 half months
  • Spencer (10 months) commando crawls everywhere. He's so quick and gets around so easily that I don't think he'll ever move up to his hands and knees. Maybe your LO will be a bum-shuffler or a commando crawler rather than a hands-and-knees crawler.
  • yes maybe, he pulls his bum up but is getting around a bit now by commando crawling...keeps getting things he shouldnt!
  • will try the circle thing with the remote, my keys, mobile phone etc as he's more keen to get hold of them then his toys lol, he's becoming more mobile by the day, i just cant beleive how quick he's learning! he's only just turned 6mnth but i cant let him outa my sight now, he's everywhere! he's doing a mix of rolling, pushing himself backwards and army shuffling...but its working, as soon as i turn away he's somewhere he shouldt be!
    Where can i get a baby einstein cd? they sound good....? Crilly you must really have your hands full!
  • Woolies have the blow up roller toy thingy. I've got one but Cole is only bothered by the musical bit on it.. not interested in crawling when he can stand up!