Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

nappy rash or something else - also in toddler

Hello

Just wondering if anyone can help? Ive tried to get my baby girl (14 months) into the drs today but there was no appts so have to call back in the morning.

She has had what I thought was nappy rash for a couple of weeks, just red, not open or anything at the top of her legs, and her girlie bits - all external. She has never had bad nappy rash before but in the odd occasion that she has has it slightly, sudocrem has cleared it up almost immediately.

Its been getting worse for a few days and this afternoon I took her nappy off (she had had it on for around 2 1/2 hours and wasnt dirty or very wet and she was so red and it looked on the verge of bleeding. I have left her nappy off as long as possible and have used conotrane tonight as advised by the pharmacy but it hasnt improved but neither is it bothering her. She doesnt cry when she is washed or when she gets in the bath. Its seems really dry and I am wondering if it could be excema - can you just get it in one localised area or a type of thrush on her skin? I dont want to put something on it that will make her sore. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel so sorry for her - even though it is getting her down.

Thanks

Jo x

Replies

• sounds exactly how my LO (15 and half months) bum used to be. we tried every cream on the market and prescription and nothing worked. its wasnt untill i started using cloth nappies at about 14 months old that her bum started to heal and now she only has a few flair ups a week (but thats cause we still use disposables at night)

she now looks forward to nappy changes rather than physically shaking when she saw a nappy as she new it was going to hurt.

have you thought about trying cloth nappies to see if its the chemicals in disposables that it causing the rash?
  • Thanks Beccie, I have never thought of that but it started when I changed from pampers nappies to huggies (they were on offer that week) so is very viable. I have now changed back to the pampers nappies, but there has been little difference since. She is going to the drs as soon as they can get her in, just to get it checked, but what you have advised has given me a lot to think about. Thank you xx
  • glad i could help image hope you get some answers soon x