Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

quick poll - how often do LO's see grandparents?

13»

Replies

• My parents see my lo almost everyday, however, it is over Skype as they live in Australia. They will see her for real in a month time.
    My in-laws see her at least once a week, most of the time two or three times.

MJx
  • thank you all, only just had chance to come online since the weekend.

i just hate feeling under pressure to ensure everyone sees Thomas all the time, then i get the guilt trip if my parents see him more than MIL does (when my parents live round the corner so it's easy for me to see them). now i'm at work it's upsetting me as i don't want to have to give up my days off to ensure that MIL sees him - when i was at work yesterday hubby took him over and they spent the WHOLE day with her, from 7.30am, so i'm just a bit annoyed that i have to give up my Thursday this week to spend another day with her!! i feel mean but i just want to be with my little boy!!!!

thank you all image xxx
  • mrs e i would put your foot down right now, i totally agree that you should have family time without the MIL thinking she has the right to overide it!

i wonder what it would be like to be married to an o:lol:rphan
  • Lily sees my mum and dad on Thursday and Friday when they look after her while I am at work. We sometimes go over to them again at the weekend. They live about 20 mins away. Hubby's mum last saw Lily at the start of December. And since Lily has been born she has seen her 5 times (Lily is 21 months old). She lives 3 hours away. FIL has only seen her once when she was 6 months old. He never bothers with us or Lily.
    xxx
  • We see my mum probably once a week. My Dad on average once every fortnight. That is only because he works fulltime and on his Days off plays golf or stays a home. They NEVER used to come to us. Until my Dad made a comment that they hardly se us. so I said "mums got a car and no job, get off her arse and come see us then! I've got a job and two kids for christ sake"

As for the inlaws. They have met my baby once, when she was a week old. and that visit was the biggest forced effort of my life. I hate them. They are the biggest pain in my life. I only went through sheer guilt and for my hubby. It was painful and I know they dont like me, they even took photos of my baby in my arms and cut my head out of all of them. Didn't even want a photo of me, baby and hubby together for their precious mantle piece. Idiots. I've now got his stupid mother putting pressure on my hubby to go over there with the baby or them to come here. No thanks! I cant bear that woman being nosey around my house and I hate going there as its open house there, and theres always other annoying relatives there who hubby and I dont like either! or we get pressured into visiting hubby grandparents as they live 8 doors up the road! they dont like me either! and I dont like them! my hubby cant be bothered with them either so it makes things so bloody difficult!

We regulary joke that we want to emigrate! I WISH we could! I'd love to never see any of them again.

I think its normal to see your own parents more often, and only see inlaws a few times a year. (unless your lucky and have nice inlaws then you'd see them as much as your own parents I spose)

I've been married twice and never had nice inlaws. I wont even be letting my babies spend any time with them if I can help it. I dont like the way his stupid mother is around her other grandchildren. She totally takes over, I swear if her shrivaeled up tits produced mik... she would breast feed them. She encourages children to wake up in teh night so that she can bring them into her bed. SHE'S WEIRD!! and not coming near my babies!
  • We see each other most days, going over to there's today for Sunday roast at lunch time.

• Aiden see's my parents almost every day! he see's oh's parents once or twice a week! they never come to us we go down there its only 5 mins away same as my parents!! oh usually takes him for his visits to his parents its usually mobbed with all his family they do my head in so avoid when necessary!lol don't let your MIL dictate when she see's your son its up to u! just make an excuse and she might get the hint!
  • Mrs e, I have a similar kind of a problem. My MIL doesn't work and I feel that I am obliged to see her in the week with lo when really i want to see friends or spend time with him on my own. I think we have to be firm but fair and say we are busy that day but maybe another time, we'll let them know. I hate the pressure and it really does feel like pressure more on me than my DH. Hope it gets better, but just be strong and do what you want to do xxx