Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any LO'S sleeping on your chest at night?

My LO who is 6 weeks old is sleeping on my chest in my bed every night. OH is still sleeping on the sofa since coming home from hospital!!! I only planned to do this for the first couple of nights cause he only seemed to settle when on my chest and when the midwife came round to see me she said it was perfectly ok to do as it meant i could get more sleep. Only when I try putting him in his moses basket does he start crying and because he is a refluxy baby he seems to be sick as soon as I lye him down flat on his back, which I think is also why he likes lying on my stomach coz it helps with his wind. I am worried though for him as I dont want him to be getting to hot on me and it can cause cot death and even sid (sudden infant death) if they lye on you, or so I read,
Just getting very paranoid and worried about the whole sleeping situation now...does anyone else do this? Was soooo tired last night but at 1pm after feeding him and winding him and him falling asleep on me I slowly and gently put him down in his basket and he woke up straigght away and was a little sick ( had burped several times when winded him and he is getting infacol before every feed). I gave up and just put him back on me as I was so tired! Any advice would be greatly appreciated and to know if anyone else is doing this aswell?

Replies

• If he has reflux have you tried propping his moses basket up at the head end?? This is supposed to really help. IMO it is better now that you get lo used to sleeping alone otherwise your own sleep not to mention your marriage may be neglected & like you say, lo could also be at risk.

Good luck
  • Hi. When Bailey was first born I kept falling asleep with him on me- coz I was SOO tired! It really worried me too and in the end I tried to make sure I put him straight down after a feed, even if he did cry for a bit. However it wasn't so bad for me as Bailey wasn't sicky. I agree with Beebee that its probably best to break the habit now though coz otherwise your LO will get used to this and wont settle except on you! Keep persisting with it and try raising the mattress. Good luck!! It's so hard in the beginning but does get easier x