Forum home Babies Baby

Potty training at 8 months

13»

Replies

• I think your answer is ridiculous not knowing that for example in countries of Asia or some areas of India or Africa this practices are completely normal and common. Mothers very often have no clothes for their babies not mentioning diapers! And they teach their baby from infancy to potty train to avoid being peed or pooped on their arms (please read about it). The difference is what we think about it...the little infant won't call I wanna pee but the mother knows the expression of her child's face (she knows how to read what's coming) to know the baby is ready and that's when it starts. It builds incredible bond between mother and child. So please comments saying "it's ridiculous to start that early" are just simply ridiculous :)) its never too early !

• I started potty training my daughter at 7 months by 1.5 she didnt wear nappy sin the house by 2 she just wore pull ups at night but rarely had accidents as she had a potty in her room that she would get up and use. By 2 years 3 months she was fully toilet trained and didnt wear pull ups at all. We went on a caravan holiday and traveled for 4 hours without a stop as she didn't need the toilet. She's 3 now and downs drinks like the are going out of fassion. I truly have no idea where she puts it all as she never has accidents. We have an 8 week old boy now and everyone says I can't do it again it was a flook. yup all my hard work and consistency was a flook, just watch the space. 2 years time I wont be faffing about with nappy and my kid won't have to sit in his own feices because I'm to lazy to show him theres a different way. My mum did the same with me and my fried did the same with her 3 all toilet trained by 2. It means getting  the crack of dawn, getting them on the potty and entertaining them till it comes, do this every 30mins to 45mins till you get a pattern of when they need, make sure any and all care providers that work with your kid while your working are doing it your way that is what you pay them for, be clear and strict. Make sure there is always a potty on hand, portable potty or toilet seat Take it everywhere! Set timers. Don't worry about nights till they start having dry nappies in the morning then give them a potty in bedroom and tell them what it's for. You can do it and your kid can certainly do it if you dedicate your time and pataints to it. Good luck mamma

• I started potty training seriously at 7 months (she had been using potty since she could sit)  I went back to work when she was 8 months, by the time she was 9 months I worked full time, meaning I was away from home around 9 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. I just did my best when I was home and made sure her nursery new my rules for toileting and stuck by them. If she had too many accents and clothes changes while there I told them they were not doing their job properly. I was paying them good money to raise my child in my absence the way I wanted her raised which meant potty training her, now my idea of potty trying isn't waiting for a 8-9 month old to just let you know they need. And I wasn't willing to pay them to do nothing. they soon changed their act. So it can be done. You just need to be firm.

• How do you potty train at 2 days?! They can't even hold their heads up let alone sit properly on a potty? And it's nothing to do with laziness @Kayles14 it's just a different culture. 

• I would say just go with the flow if you and your little one are ready just do whatever seams right for yo.

Mu boy was 10m old when it got obvious if he was gonna poo so I started putting him on the potty. He was great every time but cleaning the potty afterwards was not my thing :/ so I started taking him to the toilet instead and he loved it! He is 1and 4m now we still do it this way and he even likes to do his thing in the loo alone :) alarming shout let us know when he's done :D It works for us cos  he makes it clear when he is about to poo we then ask him and he either confirmes/denies or heads up to the loo. I wouldn't stress my child with anything if it doesn't come naturally for him but he was ready to poo in the toilet at 10m old so great for us and good for him too as he's got a very sensitive skin. He still wears diaper and thats fine, he'll let us know when he's ready for the next stem :) 

• Early potty training is the best. Keeping baby in nappies until 3 years old is disgusting. My mom has started potty training me when I was 9 months even as I wasnt doing anything from the beginning she said I got used to it and understood what it's all about. I have also decided to train my baby early and it worked the best thing I have ever done. I wouldnt be able to abuse my child and let him stay in wet nappies until 3 years old or some still put nappies on their children until 5 years. As well it depends on how u want to bring up your own child and to his or her development and understanding