Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning Help !

Hi girls,
I'm still confused ! Have started weaning LO at 17weeks on advise from hospital due to Reflux. She is doing really well and is gobbling down apple with baby rice and sweet potato ! Been going for a week.
But I'm confused over WHEN to give solids v Milk. i have the Annabel Karmel book and her planners confuse me (must be thick) - our routine is roughly:
7-8am - Feed
10ish - nap
11:30 - Feed
1-2ish - nap
3pm - Feed
4:30 - nap
6pm - bath
6:30 - Feed
7pm - Bed
Also feed once or twice in night still at mo.
She talks about early morning / breakfast / lunch / tea ....
I am currently giving solids at first feed of day before milk and at 3pm feed followed by milk. She is not a big milk drinker anyway and is obviously not taking much after these solid feeds (although still only giving 1 cube at this stage).
Any advise - what did you do ?
Thanks everso.
S
XX

Replies

• Ok, not sure if I can help but here is our routine. The boys arent big milk drinkers either and have now dropped from 7 bottles (!) of 5oz to 5 bottles of 5oz so I have to put more milk in their food. Also, they wont have milk and food together (I have MAJOR fusspots!)

So, here was our routine when we started...

7am - Bottle
    10am - Bottle
    12pm - Lunch (Veg puree with baby rice)
    1pm - Bottle
    4pm - Bottle
    6.30pm - Bottle
    10.30pm - Bottle
    3am - Bottle

Then I forced them to drop the 3am as they werent drinking it. We kept the same routine and added breakfast at 8am. Then they spread their bottles out so they dont effectively have the 1pm one. Then we added tea at 4.30pm. We added a new meal a week and their routine is now -

6am - Bottle (yes, they wake an hour earlier as they dont have the 3am bottle! ARGH!)
    7.30am - Breakfast (Fruit Puree with Baby rice)
    10.30 - Bottle
    11.30/12 - Lunch (Veg puree and baby rice)
    3pm - Bottle
    4.30pm - Dinner - (Veg and fruit mixed with baby rice)
    6.30pm - Bottle
    10.30pm - Bottle

I give 6 cubes at breakfast and dinner (between 2 of them) with 2oz of milk made baby rice. I only give 4 cubes at lunch as they arent as keen. There is more baby rice as they like their food quite thick. I only give puree (hence the reason for the baby rice) as they are allergic to milk and its easier than reading all the bloody labels! lol!

I used AK as a guide but went by what the boys wanted.

HTH and feel free to ask any questions xxx