Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

breastfeedind and going to college

my Juliet is 12 weeks and i'm breastfeeding. i'm starting college in a couple of weeks and i'm heart broken at (a) the thought of having to leave her in a creche - although i have worked in this particular creche myself and i compleatly trust them but shes my baby and i worry which is a concept i never understood before and (b) i want to continue breast feeding and i was wondering if i was to give her some forumla during the day and feed her at night would my breasts hurt during the day, i'm looking into a room for breast feeding mothers in the college but what if i dont get the chance to express and if i stop compleatly during the day monday to friday will i still be able to feed her on weekend days?

Replies

• i think if you can get yourself into a routine you should be ok, but i tried to combine the breast with bottle and it didn't work but i didn't give it a proper go and i didn't get advise, as long as you have good support and advise to help you through it you will be ok. good luck

michelle xx
  • my friend has just started p/t work so is bf early am and evening but bottle during day. her boobs hurt quite a bit for a couple of days but she expressed and now they are ok. if you want professional advice, call a breastfeeding councellor, they surely know the answers! good luck in gettign the college to provide a breastfeeding/espressing room - if they have a creche then they should deff provide a room to feed/express in! maybe in the creche itself?? good luck with your course, what are you going to be doing??
  • Hi

On the days that my Mum or MIL have Reece I can go all day now without feeding or expressing and without any pain. As far as I know, your body produces as much or as little as is needed, but Reece is a bit older - 6 months and is on 4 solid meals a day. I would def ring a bf adv line for some info. Congrats on your course and good luck x