Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sensitive topic..reg abortion need advice ...UPDATE

2»

Replies

• thanks hun ..im rubbish cant manage to set up msn but ill text u my mob number when i get ures xxxxxxxxxxx
  • I think you must be careful to support her as best you can but not to try and talk her out if it. It is her decision to make and although she may be using money as her excuse, it doesnt mean its her only reason. You could end up making her feel really guilty about it, or even find you do talk her out of it - but what if she were to regret that? She could end up having a baby that she doesnt want and end up resenting it.

I had dd at 17, never consdier an abortion and thank god now that I didnt. But I had a scare a few months after having Nathan and I honestly belive if I had been pregnant I would have had to have an abortion as I couldnt cope. I feel it would have been irresponsible of me to bring another baby into our lives at a time I was struggling already.

I hope that she makes the decision thats right for her and that she can then move on with her life with great support from a good friend.

xxxx
  • I had an abortion when I was about 19 because at the time my life was far too chaotic to bring a child into it, As sad as it was at the time, I truly feel that it was the right decision. I am now a proud mum of a beautiful baby boy that I am able to provide for both emotionally, physically & financially,

In the end of the day, its your friends decision & it definately won;t be one that she will be taking lightly as its a very difficult time. If you can, try and put your feelings on the subject aside, and give her the supposrt that she needs - because she will need you there... xxx
  • x

[Modified by: fee_k on February 22, 2009 08:47 PM]

• I was in the same position 6 years ago when my best friend wanted an abortion. We were only 19 and she had only been in her first proper relationship for 3 months, lived at home and nievely used the pull out n pray! I personally don't agree with it (unless rape or very seriously disabled)and found it the hardest thing to go to the dr's with her, but I put my feelings aside as I had to do whats best for her.x
  • What a horrible situation to be in- both for you and your friend.
    (((Big hugs to you both)))

Personally I share your opinions on abortion although IMO theres never a valid excuse for it(typical Catholic upbringing lol) but thats another days debate...
    I think you're doing the right thing in supporting her decision even if you don't totally agree with it. I think shes going to have some tough times ahead and is really going to need you there to support her

Good luck xxx
  • In the long run it is her choice. A friend of mine ended up in the same type of situation but dosnt believe in abortion so she chose adoption, has your freind considered that?
  • I think that you are already doing all that you can do. Im not completely against abortion but I do believe that there has to be a good reason for choosing this route.

Your friend trusts you alot and obviously trusts you to be her sholder to cry on. You are edoing the right thing by telling her that you dont agree with abortion, but also saying that it is her decision and that you will stand by her no matter what she chooses. You sound like a very strong person to be able to do this.

• hi ladies just a little update ,i rang her last night ...its so hard not to let how i feel about abortions come into the conversation but i try my best , she said her and her oh had a big chat and he wants to keep it !...and she doesnt know what she wants to do ...money is the main huge factor and she is scared of what her parents will think of her ...(she is 23 and been with her oh 2 years) she wanted to know how much help they would get finacially so i said ill find out for her if thats what she wants ...i truly dont think she wants an abortion however that doesnt mean she wont do it if she doesnt think its right to keep it....i feel so emotional about this i said ill have the baby for them .... i already see this as a baby ..probably cos sophia is so young i cant help it ...im going to continue to be a good friend though and not let my feelings come into it

thanks again all of u for ure replies and support xxxxxxxxxx