Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cranial osteopathy?

Hi, has anyone tried this, i'm trying to figure out whether i'm clutching at straws or if this really works. my lo is 6 1/2 months but is really unsettled sometimes he can just cry for hours and there's nothing we can do, he also is still waking twice a night to feed but yet he won't eat alot during the day. we had a very trumatic labour and i've read that cranial osteopathy can help?????

Replies

• Options
    Hi Anna
    We did c o with Matthew. He was about 8 weeks when we started and we had 3 sessions. We had a traumatic week b4 birth, labour and post birth; we couldn't put him down at all in the day (wanted to sleep only if being held) and he had to sleep with us at night. Matthew would also startle a lot and seemed very tense. After the 3 sessions he did seem far more relaxed and his sleeping improved loads.
    We were lucky that the c o lady was very nice and didn't keep us going when she felt we'd done enough. I can't swear that the c o worked cos you don't know with babies (and other things might have helped - dummy, him getting older, us relaxing a bit) but it certainly seemed to help.
    C o is expensive but if it works for you it'll be worth it. Perhaps have a chat with HV or doc first to see if they recommend it and who they suggest. Then, you could also go to the clinic to chat about his symptoms first???
    Hope this helps. Good luck,
    Juliette :\)
  • Options
    hi there
    My sister had a very traumatic delivery of her 2nd baby. consequently, she was suffering from seizures regulaly(the baby that is!) and just screamed all the time, as if she was in pain. She was being investigated by the hospital for all the obvious things such as epilepsy brain tumors etc. Luckily nothing was diagnosed, however the seizures continued. She tried an osteopath who noticed that baby was experiencing a lot of pressure in her skull. After several sessions the baby was a lot more content, was able to get into a routine and thankfully the seizures stopped. So my personally opinion is it is worth a go.
    Hope this helps.
    Hannah
  • Options
    hi thanks for replying,
    had a bad day with him so i'm ringing up tomoz to book an appointment might aswell give it a go things can't get any worse.
    i'll keep you all informed how it goes.