Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething rash? With pic. *Update*

James has had a rash on his face for the last few days. I fades usually during the day, and began at his temple. It seems to be moving down a bit. I thought it was a heat rash, but just wondered if it could be a teething rash as suggested by dylansmummy.

Sorry for poor quality of pic, but any ideas. It hasn't really faded today, James doesn't feel hot, and he hasn't been leaning on that side.

Thanks girls. xx

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af309/mithical/DSC00395.jpg

**We went to the walk-in centre with James this evening, as he had a rashy back. Only saw the nurse but she agreed it was either heat of viral. As they can get a virus, without a lot of symptoms. So I guess I will just continue to monitor him, as we do every day anyway! And hope ir goes away soon. Thanks for your help, could always be more than one thing, so I think a teething rash could still be a possibility. **

[Modified by: mithical on 23 August 2010 20:37:48 ]

Replies

• Not really got any helpful ideas - only, do you use wipes to wipe his face after food?? Maybe he's a little sensitive to them???

Hope it clears up soon

xxx
  • I actually use a pack of the Johnsons wipes for meals, but James has never appeared sensitive to them before. Funnily enough I did wipe his left cheek, as he keeps rubbing his eyes, when eating his finger foods! :roll:

Will have to try a 'control' patch for a sensitivity test!

Thanks MrsM81, at least it may not be anything too much to worry about. I'll try some sudocreme maybe. xx
  • my lo had something similar whilst teething, it was a "viral rash" which seems to encompass a lot of things, I was told just to let it run its course and it did go in the end, it was just on her head and face, you can find pics on the internet, see what you think, it's nothing scary image
  • I looked up heat rashes and meningitis rashes, but hadn't ventured to any others! They all vary so much! Thanks. xx
  • sometimes its a wee heat rash caused by the heat of the teething if that makes sense, if it was meningitis it wont vanish under a glass, iw ould take him to the drs for your own piece of mind but i think its prob just a teethin rash xx
  • dont put sudocreme on it if its a heat rash chick - i did with my DD and NHS Direct told me it was the worse thing i could put on as it traps the heat to their skin. I would try an emollient if it looks sore xx
  • Ok thanks. x
  • my LO has a rash on her cheek like that too. took her to the doctor last week because it was on her body and they gave her steroids and told me to give her benedryl. the steroids cleared it up on her body but it's still on her face. She is also teething (has three trying to come through at the same time!!). She never had a rash like this before with the first five teeth but i'm thinking it might be because of them all coming at the same time. my mommy radar isn't going off so i'm not too worried. maybe it's just teething or maybe it's a sensitivity to something (my LO can't handle any lotion other than Aveeno)