Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cups

My lo is now on 3meals a day and has dropped his milk to 3x 8oz bottles a day. (is this enough)
I have been offering him water in his tt sippy cup now for a month and he doesnt seem to have got the hang of it yet. Does it take a long time? or do you think i need to look at different cups?

Replies

• Oscar wouldn't take any sippy cup but a tommee tippee one as the sippy bit is thinner than others I've found. It did take him about a month to really get the hang of it, and only took to it once he'd got used to water - he initially preferred juice.

Have you tried water from a bottle then moving on to a cup?
  • he took water from a bottle might just be a case of persevering with the cup!
  • Well that's good!

Have you tried a doidy cup? I hear they're great x
  • my LO would only take from a clear plastic beaker as he would see us drinking from clear glasses!! he didn't like his doidy cup at all. it took about 6weeks for him to get more in his mouth than down his front! he's rather expert at it now. we hold it for him, next step will be to get him to use a cup with handles!!
  • thanks for advice ladies, i tried diluted o.j yesterday as he was abit constipated and guess what? he suddenly learned how 2 drink from it!
  • Lol sounds like Cole - he won't drink water but will drink juice. don't blame him - I hate water too.

It took him a long time to start drinking from a cup though - he didn't really drink much at all until he started walking - I tried loads of cups but int he end it was the simple tommee tippee ones that he did ok with and we still use those. Sounds like he's having plenty of milk so maybe he's just not so thirsty
  • For quite a long while (a month or 2 probably) my LO would only take a few sips a day from his TT cup - now (from about 9 months) he'll empty 3 a day!
  • I just put this link on another post but i found this cup really good for erin

http://www.epinions.com/prices/No_Spill_Cup_With_Soft_Silicone_Spout_And_Handle