Forum home Babies Baby

reflux, gaviscon...

Hi again, Is Aptimil a thickened milk? If it isn't then it will be fine to change to. When I said you can't use that with Gaviscon I meant you cannot use it with thicker milks to aid digestion. Sorry for any confusion!!! Karyn x

Replies

• Hi hun, love the pic. My 11 weeker has reflux, I use gaviscon and it has taken a while to kick in, in fact it got worse before it got better but now it seems to be doing the trick, he's been on it 3 weeks. Before that I used Cow and Gate comfort milk which is thickened so it stays down and also has some of the lactose broken down so it's easier to digest, that did help for a while but then the reflux came back. Keep going with the Gaviscon and it might kick in soon, if not maybe try the comfort milk it might work for you. The other thing I thought when I read your post is that your little one might not have reflux but may be sensitive to lactose so another option would maybe be Soya milk, but obviously speak to your doctor or health visitor about it before you start that. I raised the head of the moses basket with some books to stop stuff flowing back out of his tum as well. Take care hun and let us know how things are going.xxxxx