Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone used ...

2»

Replies

• Right the ??108 one is DEFINITELY herhe:

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/oldengland/
    as the restuarant is called the same but on the hotel website I can get the same room for ??3 less so now I am wary of the 'secret hotels' offer all over :roll: RUBBISH!
  • OMG Malmaison in Edinburgh is about 5 mins walk from my flat. I can practically see it. Book there.

I had my wedding reception there too and stayed in a suite, it was lush.
    Suz x
  • DO you think that second hotel IS the malmaison Suz???? there is no spa etc there is there???

Decisions decisions!
  • Hi Craftycharli,
    Defo check out laterooms.com-for that date they have:
    Malmaison for ??99 B+B, ??149 Dinner, B+B (No pool)
    Cool Hotel Missoni ??120
    Scotsman, Balmoral, Roxburgh ??135 (Think all have pools)
    George Hotel ??99 (No pool)
    Norton House Hotel (Spa) - ??120 (Not very central)
    Dalhousie Castle (Spa) - ??106 (Not very central)

All of these would be good options. If you want to be able to walk places, avoid the last 2 but they would be good if you wanted to just chill out in the hotel and spa.
    Missoni, George, Scotsman, Balmoral and Roxburgh are all spitting distance from bars/restaurants/clubs and shops!

Enjoy x
  • I think 2nd one is definitely Malmaison.

But I think JCB has given you a great selection of hotels.
    SOme are more central than Malmaison but I guess it depends if you want to be right in city centre or not. S x
  • ok thanks JCB'08 for that list and everyone else for their input I will keep searching too as there are some in York - looking for close to home but poss get train to and from hence edin and York but would drive to lakes if there was one there!

Just gotta pin hubbie down now I suppose!!!! :roll:
  • o i never thought of that mrsamanda good tip! xx