Forum home Babies Baby

Is this chavy or really nice and special??

HI girls
I am 40 on the 26th June...eeeekkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend called my OH the other day to say she knows someone who is doing this necklace where you get finger prints of your kids done on little tags with their birthstone on it and then she makes a necklace out of it. I have 5 kids so will have 5 tags hung somehow off the necklace. Is this something really nice or a bit chavvy??

Its supposed to be a suprise but I am not sure if I like it or not...need advice!!!!!!!!!!!

d xxxx

Replies

• i got a braclet done with my 3 kids fingerprints on it and i love it to bits,i would prefere a braclet rather than a necklace,might way a ton with 5 tags on it :lol: if you like the idea of a braclet then just drop a hint saying ive seen the charm braclet and they are soooooooooooo nice ect ect or if you like summit else then do some serious hint dropping but at the end of the day its if YOU like the idea of it and no one elses

sarah

p.s happy birthday for the 26th june
  • good idea sarah....never thought of that!!!

might look much nicer??!!!

hmmmmmmmm was getting a pandora charm bracelet BUT....there is a few days to change mind!! ha ha!!!

d xxx
  • How about a links sweetie bracelet. You can hang charms from them and they are gorgeous.
  • Oh I love those fingerprint ones and I'm not a chav I promise!
    Definitley a bracelet.
    xxx
  • I just got a pandora bracelet for my 21st! its absolutly gorgeous, You could get charms of all you LO's birthstones on the pandora bracelet rather than a necklace/bracelet dedicated just to them, tho that may be what you want!? I havent seen the fingerprint ones so cant really picture them and give an opinion!
  • shopaholic-lea a link for the bracelet,when Jack and Charlotte are anouther year older iam gonna get there prints done again as they were only about 7wks old and they is just a little dint were there finger is but is sooooooo cute and adorable,also it depends on how old your LO's are to how good the prints come out,daniels print was perfect and hes 2

http://www.thekeepsakeco.co.uk/keepsake-product-detail.php?record=ppb

sarah
  • I think that the charm bracelet idea is nicer than the necklace for when you need 5 prints.

I'm also dropping major hints to my husband at the moment so he gets me one for my birthday in September - maybe I'll just get him to read this thread lol
  • oh i have the fingerprint ones for both my girls- i love it but wont wear it incase i lose it :lol:

xxx
  • thanks for showing the link fall3n-ang3l , they are very nice, agree with the other ladies, for 5 children/charms, the bracelet would be better than the necklace.

Hope you can decide what to do x
  • Wow that's lovely! Just checked the link out. I think the bracelet would be beautiful.

I have bookmarked the link under 'Cheryl Would Like' - Not that I am leaving hints :roll: Much
  • A bracelet would be much nicer and it is a lovely idea.

You might look like you are in the army with a necklace and 5 tags hanging off it lol! xx
  • thanks ladies. As always its great to get so many opinions. My kids are 18, 15, 5, 3 and 1 so should get some nice prints. I am goin with the bracelet. Not sure if lady who does it here does a bracelet but so long as she does the prints I can do the rest. May just get the lo's done as finger prints of 18 and 15 yr old not really cute!!!!

Thanks again
    d x
  • thats sounds really lovely Dee Dee!! xx
  • this is the link to her website. Going to have a look tomorrow but I am to act suprised on Wednesday when I am having a birthday champagne brunch with all my friends (My birthday is friday but here friday is a day off and a family day so doing someting with my family)

d x

http://bahrain.smallp.com/products/dogtags_new.php
  • I really like them, I'm getting one for Christmas in bracelet form xxx
  • I think if you like to go get it, because that is the sound of your heart.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.toyswill.com/nici-rabbit-keyring-plush-toy-p-3381.html