Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anybody in Devon...**Updated with possible dates for meet**

Replies

• hi,

good idea girls.
    vicky and lau89 i also live in plymouth.
    maybe we could all travel together. altho we would all have to get train as all wouldnt fit in one car. i do drive but my other half uses car at moment for work but i can work around and take him if need be.
    oh and i am kate, 25. Mum to max who is 12weeks 2moro.

vicky i did go onto the anyone in plymouth post when i was pregnant and have spoken to you on there before.
    xxxx
  • Hi Kaytie,

where abouts in Plymouth are you? I live at Freedom Fields near Mutley.
    I have been on the Plymouth mummies forum for ages cos nobody seems to post on there anymore : ( I meet up sometimes on a tuesday down at mutley with my friend Jenny and her 10 month old boy Oscar and her friends Becky and her little girl Abbie, you're more than welcome to join us next time we meet up.

would be good to get the train together as well safety in numbers lol so the babies dont take over x
  • forgot to say I do remember speaking to you now...didnt you get married not long ago or am i confusing you with someone else! x
  • oh thanks for the invite thats lovely. i might just take you up on that offer. just let me know when the next one is. if you email me thru here your number i can send you mine.
    i live in efford. i work in and around your area as a district nurse.
    yeah i haven't been on that post since i was pregnant.
    yeah thats me, i got married in dec. wow you have a brilliant memory.
    xxxx
  • I can do the 2nd or the 16th...any later i wont be able to as im being induced around the 21st - not sure on the date til next wk - but will be a bit manic on the run up to it image xxxx
  • If Tuesdays are better, how about 3rd or 17th March?
  • If Tuesdays are better, how about 3rd or 17th March?
  • 3rd or 17th is fine, any mon or tues image
  • Hi ya,

I'll double check my rotas tomorrow and let you know but im sure either of those tuesdays should be fine!

Ive only been to Exeter a couple of times since Princess hay has been completed so it will lovely to go up there xxx
  • Another Plymouth mummy here! I would be up for it as well, I COULD drive but tbh with my car (scooby!) it would be cheaper for me to go by train!!

For those who don't know I have a daughter, Teagan who is now 6 months old. We've just started getting out a bit more now after a rough start and adult company is always good for me!

Vicky, I gave up posting on the Plymouth thread cos we were the only ones who did! Maybe the 30 odd pages put people off reading it?!

• Arse, just checked my calender and I am due to start courses in two weeks, on a monday and tuesday. If there's any changes I'll be up for it but will have to give this one a miss.

Anyone fancy arranging something for Plymouth?
  • Hi, I'm from Plymouth too (I have spoken to some of you before)... I have a little boy who is 21 months and I have 13 week old twin boys!!! I would love to meet up but Exeter with 3 children under 2 would be a nightmare...

I would be interested in a Plymouth meet up though...

Sara x
  • i'm up for a plymouth meet plymouth mummys. I am a bit of a recluse at the mo and fed up the same 4 walls. All my friends work all day and those with children have children of school age so I am bored bored bored.
    Sara if you decide to come to exeter i'll happily give you any help you need. As vicky said safety in numbers against all the children and babies. lol. But i totally understand if your not up for it. You certainly have your hands full there.
    xxxx
  • I'm happy to go to Plymouth - think I can get the train down. But I don't know Plymouth at all (amazingly never been there), so would need one of you Plymouth mummies to organise our meet. Can we have a vote for either Plymouth or Exeter?
  • Hi Sara and Kaytie,

I can only imagine how hectic your life is with 3 boys! Im always up for a meet, Star bucks in the mall is probably the best place to meet cos we can sit inside the mall bit with the prams! As I said im free tuesdays- how does next tuesday sound? I'll doube check my rota just in case ive been put into work. I'll get my friend Jenny to come as well.

Just to let you know my rotas havent been done for march but ive asked for tuesday 3rd and the 17th off, I think the 17th will probably we best as i know weve got a lot on at work week commencing the 1st.

How's Teagan getting on? Do you fancy meeting up next week? x
  • I don't mind- the train station in plymouth is a 5 min walk to the city centre. If you fancy Plymouth, I only live 10 min walk away from train station so i could meet you and walk to meet the other girls with you?

Selfishly Id probably prefer plymouth but only cos im worried about travelling with Joshua but we all have to bite the bulet some time :lol:

So what do we all think, im saying yes to Plymouth but do not mind at all about going to Exeter!

• I wont be able to do plymouth meet as suffer from spd so cant drive my car at the mo image Guess il sit this one out - or is there two being arranged, plymouth and exeter - pg brain im totally confused lol! Was looking forward to meeting u girlies though! xx
  • We can deffo do 2 meets!

It would be great to try and meet up weekly, or whenever we can for us Plymouth mummies now weve all come out of the wood work :lol: and anyother surrounding mummies who want to join us!

But a Devon meet in Exeter can still go ahead for March xxx

• next tuesday is good for me vicky. I have the good old smear test at 10.30am but any time after that is good for me.

I can happily do plymouth and exeter. I want to meet some mummies and babies and i am happy to travel.

maybe to compromise we could arrange one meet in plymouth/exeter for the 3rd march and then the other meet in the other place on the 17th. That way everyone gets a chance to meet.
    xxxx
  • Hi - I will definitely do the Plymouth meet, but maybe when the boys are slightly older I may venture to Exeter!!! Depending on the day and time of the Plymouth meet up, hopefully my eldest will be in nursery!!! That makes life easier!!!

Sara x