Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FIRST STEPS FOR THE BIG MEET - with an update post from me

Replies

• Hiya, thers's 4 of us, me oh and two girlies who are 4 and 6 months. Although we can only come if its on a weekend.

Cost is a difficult one to calculate at this point though!xx
  • sara1984 no area as of yet - that will be arranged later on depending on people locations which i will be wanting to know later on.

Some really good suggestions, keep them coming.

please trust me, there is method to my madness!
  • I'd consider coming if it wasn't too far or too expensive and wasn't on a weds-fri! Depending on where it was would depend on hubby as he works saturdays mostly which su cks

I was at the baby show last year and I spoke to someone from prima baby who was really interested in doing a feature about the dec 07 mums meetup but I was crap and didn't email her because i was distracted by a house full of ill people and my kitchen being done! I can try and find her card cause i was meant to email her, and point her in the direction of this thread to see if PB and BE are interested in doing anything if that helps image
  • I'd be up for it, one 3 and a half yr old and one 11 month old (and me!!!!)

Zoe
    Xx
  • I'LD LUV TO CUM AND ALSO HELP IN THE PLAN UP IF I CAN BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE TO YOU. I'L BE THERE WITH MY 2YR OLD AND 4MONS OLD SO 3 OF US.
  • 2, when plans are in place tell me where, when how much and ill give a definate yes or no. preferably with plenty of notice so i can book 1/2 days off work. fab idea!! xxx
  • kia that would be fab, very helpful!

numbers are stacking up which is giving a good indication on the scale of the meet. keep them coming. area's and venues will be next on the agenda i shall do a separate post for that at a later date
  • def 2 maybe 3 if I could get hubbie on board!

If it was going to be all singing all dancing with entertainment food etc then I would pay a fair bit I think!
  • Three of us please, me, hubby and Riley. I like the charity idea as well. Understand what you mean about travelling a long way so making it worthwhile, can't wait to hear your ideas! xxx
  • Hi,
    On the similar post last week about this I thought PB could really get so much out of having so many Mum's,lo's and Mummies to be in one place. Think of all the articles they could get out of us-fil the mag for a year!
    Anyway there'll be 3 of us (me, oh and lo). DOn't mind about cost and charity ide would be grand-maybe a varfiety of children's charities.
    You're doing a cracking job LinziMc! Looking forward to the next post-if I can help at all let me know x
  • I would like to come with oh and little girl who is 15 weeks.

What about somewhere like a hotel? They could use it for advertisement and they may have outdoor space if weather is good. If it was summer (and nice) it could be an outdoor fun day. BBQ, face painting, bouncy castle etc and you could invite companies to sponsor it and have stalls there where mummys could buy stuff.
  • me, oh (possibly if i can convince him) 4yr old and 21wk old. xxx
  • For us I think it would have to be the weekend. I have just asked oh and he is happy to travel anywhere 'within reason' and we can get a hotel room if its a mission trip. Money is not a prob, this will be a day out to remember image So we are 100 percent coming!!!! Will be me, oh and our 3 girls x x x
  • In theory me, hubby and lo (currently 17wks) but as we're in Edinburgh it will probaby be quite a long way to travel, and will depend on day of the week and cost. But as I said, in theory would love to come so count me in until you have details and I can say yay or nay. S x
  • If this is in the school holidays then I can make anywhere with two of my kids, aged 7 (nearly 8) and Tommy. Not sure bout hubby at the min tho that is dependant on dates and area.

For an idea on pricing why not see how much a family ticket to a variety of places is - maybe Alton Towers, Safari Parks, and various attractions to see how much it works out for a family day ticket and work it out from there against what sort of "entertainment" and venue there is going to be?? Might be able to get a rough costing?? Just an idea.

Doing a fab job hon xxx
  • I think that I did post before - but not sure if post got eaten :lol: I can face paint so if it's helpful i'd be more than willing to do some for older kiddies! Although don't want to be at it Aaaaaallll day cause I do actaul want to meet the mummies and babies! x
  • Hi,
    Just a thought ---- don't laugh!!! --- what about having it at a holiday camp? (Butlins - do they still exist?? or Pontins?)

If there was a large group and maybe a feature in the magazine you might be able to persuade them off season to do a good discount.

If people are travelling a distance they may well need to stay overnight somewhere anyway

The camps should have large halls that could be used for the main event as well as all the other stuff they have and probably kids entertainers as well.

And I'm sure a bar or two that OHs can hide in if it gets too much for them!!

xxx
  • my god your very good at trying to organise this i replied to thread earlier in week suggesting making it a charity event so i would be really pleased if this happenmed and being as we are baby forumn it would be good to make it a baby charity. me and my one year old would come. loving the ideas but practically a picnic could end in a disaster due to our british weather!!! i spose you need to get rough idea of numbers first as something like an indoor play area which would be great could poss be too small ooh good luck xx
  • If I could persuade oh to come along there would be 3 of us but it all depends on when it was as our business doesn't always permit us the time!! Money is ok.

Only a small detail but would everyone wear name badges with their username on? :lol: Would make it easier to recognise everyone!
  • louise & kade- i was jus thinking the same as u- everyone should wear a namebadge with their username on, and their real name underneath it. xxx