Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

grocery bill

2»

Replies

• I've been spending upwards of ??80 pounds a week for 4 of us lately, it seems way too much. Especially last week when we spent ??110. I'm thinking of maybe trying the farm shop for meat and veg and then supermarket for everything else. Not sure if it will work out cheaper. Funnily enough, the more I spend, the less food there seems to be in my trolley! Need to cut back a bit now as I'm not getting MA anymore :cry:

xxx
  • Our shopping bill came to ??74 this week. We don't buy formula but the shopping included nappies. The shopping is just for me, OH and lo... oh and our two cats! x
  • eek 3 of us and 2day was ??125 but my hubby bought a new toothbrush head which was ??10 on its own! normally ours is around ??100 a week we gets lots of meats and fish and fruit though xx
  • hi. there are 7 of us in my family, me, my hubby and our 5 kids who are 9, 8, 5, 3 and 18 months. we spend on average anywhere from ??120-??160 a week. we shop on tesco.com for our main weekly shop so i can see how much it will be.and can budget if i need to. i plan all my meals out for the week and all the kids pack ups for school. then we buy top up things like bread and milk, veg and fruit etc during the week from in town. so i would say the figure would be more ??170 ish a week. whch i don't think is too bad considering how many kids we have got. it is getting more expensive due to how things are in the economy at the mo. xx
  • We spend about ??50 per week for me, oh, Poppy and the dog. I do buy a couple of treats (although not anymore as diet has started!) but we now decide what we want to eat for the week and just buy that as we were throwing so much food away!!
    I tend to over buy freezer food one week and then the next week when we don't need as much food I buy toiletries and cleaning products. Occasionally we go over but i try not to as it just gets wasted!
    xx
  • We spend ??555 a month but that dosnt count hubbys lunches through the week
    and aslo me and hubby dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch either as always to busy x
    and there are 5 of us me hubby, justin 6, maya 3 charlie 9 weeks
  • We seem to spend more money if we go to the supermarket than if we order over the internet. We go shopping every 3-4 weeks depending on when we run out of stuff. Avg supermarket shop is ??200, but this will include nappies wipes food for LO, laundry detergent, cleaning materials, and clothes as well. Avg internet spend is ??170. Occassionally have to buy extra milk or food for LO but that is rare. I tend to bulk buy things like cleaning materials, laundry detergent, toiletries and toilet rolls (have a pantry full of toilet rolls). I have cupboards full of tinned items, Freezer is generally full, always have the essentials in the fridge (which is usually filled after a shop).

Looks like I spend loads, but I can never find anything I feel like eating LOL
  • We spend about ??60 a week including nappies and wipes, (don't have to buy formula thankfully). Still we buy everything on offer, shop brand products (not value, cant stomach it) and make a list and just buy what we need. Neither of us smoke or drink, and we always run out before the week is up - so where on earth is the money going?!?! I remember when we first got together about 6 years ago we could do our weekly shop for ??30 - i thought if we went up to ??40 that it was too expensive! x