Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Oh what a night!!

Well what a night we had lastnight!! I posted yesterday to say I had a sicky, snotty little girl and lastnight things just went from bad to worse.

Ellen is normally a really happy, relaxed little person, who even when upset can be calmed with a breastfeed - but all that changed last night!! She was sick at lunchtime, screamed during her afternoon bf, then threw up all her tea (just baby rice and a bit of veg) - so I suppose I knew what type of night it was going to be.

She didn't settle as normal at 7, and was still up at 9.45 - she was very snotty and couldn't settle lying down, but also seemed to still be feeling sick. So at 9.50 I tried to feed her and she seemed really hungry and fed well but then started screaming terribly, and after a bit was terribly sick and choked herself in the process - i had to scream for oh to come and help, there was sick everywhere!! This crying went on for ages, but finally got her settled at about 11 - only for her to be up at 1am doing the same! I've never heard her cry so hard or be unable to be comforted or settled (even after a lumbar puncture!!) - I was crying too. She was actually shaking with the stress of the crying. Finally got her settled and into the cot for 2am and she slept OK til 6am and has seemed brighter this morning!

God knows what it was - I tried everything to settle her, don't know if it was teeth or tummy - I think both!

Sorry for the essay, just I was so concerned as it was so out of character and wondered if anyone else's lo had had episodes like this. Am so tired this morning!!

Thanks for listening ladies.

Rachael

Replies

• Hi Rachael
    My lo been a bit unsettled at night recently but nowhere near as bad as you've had the past couple of nights.
    It seems a lot of babies have been poorly at the moment judging by the posts I've read on here the last few days so something must be doing the rounds. I know there has been chicken pox around - my sister's lo's have both had it in the past month and my lo had contact with them but I can't see any spots on her at the moment.

I hope Ellen starts to feel better today and you all get a good night's sleep tonight xx