Forum home Babies Baby

nappy changing at night time

hi, silly question really, but when ur newborn wakes for a feed in the night do u feed first or nappy change first? you would think i would know seeing as jayden only 17 months lol iv totally forgot! thanks xx

Replies

• Hey hun, i used to feed, wind change bum and then would feed again xx
  • To be honest I don't change Leighton unless its a stinky nappy as find it wakes him up too much and then he won;t settle. Did the same with Ashton too. xxx
  • For the first 4 weeks I always changed then fed, however, Isabelle sussed her poo was better done in daylight, and is only wet at night now so I leave her and change last thing at night (11:30ish) and 7:30 when hubby gets up to go to work. We are using Bambino Mio and she is fine with it, no nappy rash or anything!

Bets XxX
  • We feed, change, feed. We actually have to change even if she's quite dry as she is such a sleepy eater at night and we are usually fighting to keep her awake to take more.

• I dont change his bum at night unless its a pooey one which it never is at night, Xxx

[Modified by: Feebie on October 27, 2009 11:17 AM]

• Like some of the others have said at this age (7 mths) I only change her if she is pooey, I want to avoid waking her up too much at night. When she was smaller I used to change then feed.
  • if amelia needs changing i will change then feed as she tends to fall asleep on the bottle or whilst being winded.
  • I started off changing mid feed to keep ds awake - but he takes his feed now without falling asleep so I change him before he feeds ...

K x
    ps - ds is 4 weeks